Sign in to follow this  
Jack Wheeler

Looking for rear brake hose bracket

I have spoken with all of the usual suppliers, and have concluded that this bracket I am looking for is not available new.  The bracket sits on the rear axle of my '69 Mach1.  It sits on top of the steel bracket attached to the rubber flex line which attached the long (front to rear) brake line to the rear brakes.  On this car, the differential vent goes through the bracket I am looking for, and the bracket on the end of the flex hose.  The part number shown in the Ford Service Manual is 382410-S2, and it appears to support the steel brake line going to the passenger side rear brake.

I would appreciate any leads anyone might be able to give me to track down one of these brackets used.  Thanks very much

Jack Wheeler

jwheeler1947@yahoo.com

(910) 687-0211

3 hours ago, Jack Wheeler said:

I have spoken with all of the usual suppliers, and have concluded that this bracket I am looking for is not available new.  The bracket sits on the rear axle of my '69 Mach1.  It sits on top of the steel bracket attached to the rubber flex line which attached the long (front to rear) brake line to the rear brakes.  On this car, the differential vent goes through the bracket I am looking for, and the bracket on the end of the flex hose.  The part number shown in the Ford Service Manual is 382410-S2, and it appears to support the steel brake line going to the passenger side rear brake.

Oops, I missed the important part.

I never seen the part from Dead Nuts On, but they do know 69 Mustangs. And like 1969_Mach1, my only brake line  tabs are welded on the axle.

I have not seen that part but I have done business with Jack at Dead Nuts On. He's a good resource and a straight up guy. I'll vouch for his quality. He owns the second nicest raven black convertible I know. :)

Ok, his is nicer. Much nicer.