Sign in to follow this  
ralt962

#1 Crossmember Removal, low oil pressure issue

Trying to pull the oil pan in my car, (351W).  The tube shaped #1 crossmember is in the way.  Is it possible to pull that crossmember with out the car splaying out so it cant be reinstalled?

I have a newly fully rebuilt engine with low oil pressure, 10-20 psi.  New pump, new bearings (measured the clearance), resized rods.  I can only think the pump, pickup or I missed or didnt fully seat a galley plug in the front.   Engine runs with no leaks, so its not the back.  

My experience with new parts has not been good.  Bad new fuel pump, bad new sender, etc. 

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks Mike65,  I'll give it a shot.  

Was you car on the ground where the wheels had weight on them?  I'm sitting on rollers so the the wheels can move sideways easily.  

I hooked up a mechanical gauge direct to the sending hole. Tested the gauge first.   

I'm stumped now.  

Rechecked bearing clearances.

Rechecked to make sure I had all three plugs in the front under the timing gear.

removed the oil pump.  Likely going to just get a different one.  Its a Melling from Summit.

Not sure where else to look.

The crossmember was already loose lol.  I removed it and the oil pan pooped out easily.