copb8

Anyone used this radiator?

My over-sized Griffin radiator has leaked from the transmission connections since the day I bought the car. I've had 3 people try and fix it and as of yesterday it's completely unusable so I'm looking for a replacement. I'd prefer something that'll bolt straight in using the factory bracket and can support my electric fans.

My car isn't that tuned. It's a 351C with a mild cam and bigger carb, nothing special. I don't feel like I need to spend $800 on another Griffin. I have 2 x 12" Spal fans so I need the new radiator to be wide like the old. I'm looking at this one on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291620347931?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Anyone used this one or know anything about it?

BTW, as an option it comes painted black to more match the original. Thoughts on that?

51 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

We  could sell you our radiator minus the fans .

Send me a link to what you have.

I'll just say that I don't want one that's got a flat square top. I want one that has the OEM look and uses the stock brackets.

Thank you

I am using a stock Radiator for a 69 Mustang w/a/c & bolted my Ford Contour dual electric fans to it & used the stock mounts. I purchased the radiator from a member here.

54956-6-24-17-ford-contour-dual-electric

55755-8-26-17-installed-horns.jpg

US Radiator has some nice copper/brass radiators that are OEM looking and as or more efficient than aluminum radiators.  If I ever need to replace my Griffin radiator I'd go with something copper/brass from US Radiator.  They at least have some good helpful information on their website regarding radiator design.

19 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

We  could sell you our radiator minus the fans .

Guys, thanks for the input but I'm going to give the 'value' unit a try. It's coming from a company that's been around 30 years with a good reputation and for $200 the price is right. Worse case scenario I get it and don't like the quality and return it for some lost shipping costs.

I'll let y'all know how it goes so future searchers have a reference.

39 minutes ago, copb8 said:

Guys, thanks for the input but I'm going to give the 'value' unit a try. It's coming from a company that's been around 30 years with a good reputation and for $200 the price is right. Worse case scenario I get it and don't like the quality and return it for some lost shipping costs.

I'll let y'all know how it goes so future searchers have a reference.

I know you said you are going with the ebay one and I'm not second guessing.  But I've been running this one since last spring and it has worked really well for me.  I am also running the contour fan mod.  Plus you might be able to drive over and get it.

https://www.dallasmustang.com/parts/cooling-heating/radiators-accessories/24-maxcore-aluminum-radiator-1968-1969-v8-2-row.html

39 minutes ago, MN69Grande said:

I know you said you are going with the ebay one and I'm not second guessing.  But I've been running this one since last spring and it has worked really well for me.  I am also running the contour fan mod.  Plus you might be able to drive over and get it.

https://www.dallasmustang.com/parts/cooling-heating/radiators-accessories/24-maxcore-aluminum-radiator-1968-1969-v8-2-row.html

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure how this one never came up on my searches. And you're right, they're right down the road from me. I do notice that the output hose is on the opposite side of where mine is for some reason. 

However, at this point the 'Buy it Now' button has already been pressed so I'm at least going to check out the Auto City unit.

18 minutes ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

In 1970 ( and some say late 1969) Ford moved the lower radiator hose on small block motors to the drivers side.  Prior to that, the lower radiator hose on a small block was on the passenger side.

Thanks. I kind of wonder if my car was switched over since it's an aftermarket larger radiator.