Midlife

It's Back! So WTF Happened?

10 minutes ago, Midlife said:

I surely missed this forum for the past 3-4 days.  My fingers, arms, and legs were beginning to shake from withdrawal.  Glad it is back!

Yeh, what he said!

Apparently my hosting company has a policy against having too many images on the web servers.  I will have to make some changes to the gallery, close it, or maybe switch hosting companies....  I had to delete a lot of images to get us under the threshold.  Sorry if you lost any images.

5 minutes ago, bswor said:

Apparently my hosting company has a policy against having too many images on the web servers.  I will have to make some changes to the gallery, close it, or maybe switch hosting companies....  I had to delete a lot of images to get us under the threshold.  Sorry if you lost any images.

Yea all of mine, guess I'm done

26 minutes ago, bswor said:

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry to those that lost images.

7 hours ago, bswor said:

All mine are gone too, again...

Not up for a third attempt

9 hours ago, bswor said:

All mine are gone also.That's it for me.

10 hours ago, bswor said:

Glad the site is back up.  Weird that they didn't give you notice.  Thanks for the working to get us back.  This is one of the best communities out there.

I’m happy the site back up. Just wondering if it’s worth looking at getting a Facebook page for our group. There’s plenty of mustang FB pages but nothing on 69/70 like this forum. 

21 hours ago, bswor said:

So we need to host more of our own images?  :-)  How much more per month to get more storage space?

1 hour ago, 69ShelbyGT350H said:

I personally don't like FB groups over forums for subject matter like what we have here. This is much more organized, searchable, personable. VMF started a FB page a while back, and I refuse to join it. 

just my $.02

I’m not sure what you mean by searchable and personable. You just need to type in the search bar on the page and it will bring up all the past pics and responses. It’s pretty personable just like this forum. You can pm people add friends etc . I just thought it would be another good way of meeting people and gain info just for 69/70 guys. 

Just try to follow a build or two on the FB version, its all over the place. So many non qualified that give their personal opinion on subjects they really have very little knowledge on. As I said, it's just my personal opinion, I don't like it. No problem if you do, so do 

Members
+694 in the last 30 days

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagemustangforum//

20 hours ago, latoracing said:

All mine are gone too, again...

Not up for a third attempt

Ridiculous. I started to repost my pics, then said the hell with it. There's got to be a better way.

My son and his wife own a company that makes websites among other things, so I asked them what could be done here. He suggested Imgur.com. Its currently one of the most popular FREE picture hosting sites. This is all new to me so I'll run you through it as I was shown:

1. Go to Imgur.com

2. On the top right of the page is a green button that says "Sign Up", click it

3. I used my handle here, gave a password and email address and was ready to add a picture.

4. To add pics: near the top left is a green button that says "New post", click it, then  click "browse". This may work a little differently with Windows- I'm running Linux and found the picture I wanted, then clicked "Open".

5. You can add a title at the top and a description below

6. Right click on the picture, select "copy image address"

7. Go to 69Stang.com and in your post on the right is a button "Insert other media" which you can see here to the right. Left click that and click on "Insert image from URL". The picture appears as below. I notice it doesn't have the title or description included

Kc4YB0M.jpg

but you can wrap the text around it as I have here to describe it as needed. So I hope that helps. I don't post pictures all that often and don't ask how it works because i just shared everything I know about it. Hopefully you guys that do use the picture hosting site can fill people in on other details. 

PS this is my old girl taken a few weeks ago after I had the garage drywalled.  I'm getting the space ready so I can document and then disassemble the car.

ok, now I'm playing with imgur to see if I can insert the  .pdf of the schematic

4ps4vDW.png

and it works, but even in an album you need to redo steps 6 & 7 for every picture, although for both of these schematic pages I was editing the post and all I had to do is right click and paste once back to this site. 

ZYTTIEt.png

2 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

PS this is my old girl taken a few weeks ago after I had the garage drywalled.  I'm getting the space ready so I can document and then disassemble the car.

NOOOOOO! Don't do it Terry. I just love your original paint Mach 1. Very few like it. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

NOOOOOO! Don't do it Terry. I just love your original paint Mach 1. Very few like it. 

very few like it including me- its waaay past time for new paint. 

But what do you think of picture hosting websites? 

4 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

very few like it including me- its waaay past time for new paint. 

But what do you think of picture hosting websites? 

Well I like it, and I'm as serious as a heart attack. But, I do know the allure of shiny new paint. 

Terry, I know less about hosting websites than you. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:52 AM, 69ShelbyGT350H said:

Just try to follow a build or two on the FB version, its all over the place. So many non qualified that give their personal opinion on subjects they really have very little knowledge on. As I said, it's just my personal opinion, I don't like it. No problem if you do, so do 

Members
+694 in the last 30 days

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagemustangforum//

Well you can't even follow a build on here anymore as most of the pics are gone!!!  There must be a better way . Im not saying FB is any good but people who post build threads normally want to put photos in.