newstang

Redo of my Mach1 restomod 4.6

5 hours ago, waketek516 said:

Hey @newstang,

You're build is amazing. I'm in the process of putting an '04 Mach1 Motor in my '70. I had a few questions for you...

1. What Brake master did you use?

2. What pedals are you running (if its the factory pedals, is the the power brake or non power brake pedals?)

3. Were you forced to run the factory exhaust manifolds due to the lack of clearance near the steering shaft?

125074.jpg

if its a 4.6 you will need to run hydroboost, a power boost wont fit.

I'm running stock pedals, again with hydro it works fine.

yes on the stock exhaust manifolds, not so much because of the shaft but headers would need to be made custom to clear the frame rails

IMG_3737.jpeg

IMG_3736.jpeg

11 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

You don't have to  use a Hydraboost,  we use a  modified  manual setup that works  great. We  also make  pre- bent brake lines,  power steering,  and fuel. Working on  the A/C lines next.

Lucy, you got some splainin' to do.

What pray tell is a modified manual setup?

Awesome project and great work! I’m also swapping a 4.6 into the my car. Can you give details of your a/c system please? The limited space behind the passenger side cylinder head is kind of forcing me to run the a/c lines outside the engine bay like you did. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

I used the vintage air gen IV, don't use the supplied tubes that are pre-bent to go through the firewall, instead use some short straight tubes for the heater core.

for the A?C lines, I used the EZ clip hoses and fittings, they are thin and very easy to work with. Be warned these are scary expensive. at least $20 per fitting and the clips and retainer gates are all sold separately as well as the green o-rings. if you are using the 4.6 a/c compressor you will need the adapter for the compressor lines.

I forget which compressor I have but look at the label and order an adapter from here:

https://coldhose.com/specialty-fittings/compressor-adapters.html

On my other build, you can see how I routed it a bit better.

IMG_1115.thumb.jpeg.c8003ff3f73a66efe0bba3c09babbbe9.jpeg

On 5/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, mustangstofear said:

You don't have to  use a Hydraboost,  we use a  modified  manual setup that works  great. We  also make  pre- bent brake lines,  power steering,  and fuel. Working on  the A/C lines next.

Do you have a link to the pedal, master cyl, and booster you sell? Would love a one stop shop for this. I've been looking for Manual pedals on ebay, but most are pretty rough.