newstang

Redo of my Mach1 restomod 4.6

19 hours ago, RPM said:

Ain't that the damn truth. 

what a bad day, the engine was running great, took it outside to test steering and brakes. No power from the hydroboost. Pulled it inside, it made a rumble, shut off and will not start again! checked all my usuals. Lets hope i didn't loose compression. Tomorrow will tell.  

So it runs and drives ( kinda ) I took it to get the wheel alignment. the tranny slips like crazy and it's completely redone. 

I took it back to my shop and checked the fluid hot, and there was a dry dipstick.  I added 3 quarts and its showing up. still seems to slip.  I don't know if maybe I just let it sit overnight and recheck this, or being I have a 2800 stall converter someone told me this may be the case. (which I doubt ) God I miss my 5 speed manual already. If there is a problem with this tranny IM GONNA BE PISSED!

IMG_3868.thumb.jpg.a567d487adf87bf43ab25ed42414dc17.jpgIMG_3867.thumb.jpg.4673cf79b6c2d502378610658ef10ddb.jpg

That's a relief. Hey, enough of the gremlins ok? Car looks real nice, bet it's a head turner. Btw, who makes that radiator/hood air deflector/cover? I believe they're still made here in Bako, but I can't remember their name.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, RPM said:

That's a relief. Hey, enough of the gremlins ok? Car looks real nice, bet it's a head turner. Btw, who makes that radiator/hood air deflector/cover? I believe they're still made here in Bako, but I can't remember their name.

everything is made in cali, its a pain in the ass for us to wait 5 days for everything :-)

the cover is undercoverinnovations.com

Everything? Seems I'm always waiting on stuff from East of the Mississippi :) But ya, lots of car part businesses are out here. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. Thanks brother for the link. I was finding a lot of nothing searching on line.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Everything? Seems I'm always waiting on stuff from East of the Mississippi :) But ya, lots of car part businesses are out here. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. Thanks brother for the link. I was finding a lot of nothing searching on line.

It really does a nice job cleaning up that front end. I don't know why I didn't get it before.  

That's it, im getting sick and tired of west coast, not only do you have rust free cars, all the car parts, now Def Leppard and Journey are only playing out there this year!

Damn Commies , next thing youll have is sunshine all the time too.

2 hours ago, newstang said:

Damn Commies , next thing youll have is sunshine all the time too.

At least the Commies are concentrated in LA, SF, and along the coast. The weather and my family are the only things keeping me here.

11 hours ago, RPM said:

At least the Commies are concentrated in LA, SF, and along the coast. The weather and my family are the only things keeping me here.

Family is the only reason any of us are here,  otherwise, I would have retired to my house in Italy years ago. great food, weather, views. I'm so sick of snow I don't even want to see it on a postcard anymore. Politics suck even worse in Europe so there is no escaping these crybabies. 

added a backup cam with display on mirror.

Its so heavy it ripped off the support on the glass, then ripped off the larger support it comes with. 

had to make a bracket to push up again it from the visor clip in the center.

oh, added a double cup holder too.

IMG_0014.thumb.jpg.878ec3776c527235b96cb96c046c0309.jpgIMG_0018.thumb.jpg.41f1ea036d709615a919a4f153b3199d.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

17 hours ago, RPM said:

I love my backup camera. Thought it might be too hi tech for me, but it's worked out well.

me too, as we know, you only get one chance with our bumpers. seeing behind me is a must.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:01 PM, newstang said:

me too, as we know, you only get one chance with our bumpers. seeing behind me is a must.

The solution is to only go forward, LOL. All kidding aside your car looks awesome. Is the yellow on your Mach a Ford yellow?. I am trying to decide do I want to paint my Mustang chrome yellow, or screaming yellow.

5 hours ago, Mike65 said:

The solution is to only go forward, LOL. All kidding aside your car looks awesome. Is the yellow on your Mach a Ford yellow?. I am trying to decide do I want to paint my Mustang chrome yellow, or screaming yellow.

its actually a Sherwin williams color. I dont recommend going this route because its not a paint code that you can switch to another paint company

On 9/13/2018 at 7:29 PM, Bossed said:

OLove your car. Did you have to massage the transmission tunnel to install the 4R70W ?

Nothing needs to be done to the tunnel, goes right in with room to spare. 

the 6R80 on the other hand is another story.

Hey @newstang,

You're build is amazing. I'm in the process of putting an '04 Mach1 Motor in my '70. I had a few questions for you...

1. What Brake master did you use?

2. What pedals are you running (if its the factory pedals, is the the power brake or non power brake pedals?)

3. Were you forced to run the factory exhaust manifolds due to the lack of clearance near the steering shaft?

125074.jpg