newstang

Good quality grill moldings?

Crappy grille moldings challange accepted! Come at me bro! 

24912682901_7b37c1fe1f_b.jpg

The POS units is Corvex Mouldnings that I got from CJ Pony Parts. Let's just say I buy all my Mustang stuff from NPD now. I ended up getting NOS moldings from ebay. They have some shelf wear, but they fit perfect! A thorough polish will make them like new.

23 minutes ago, JET 445 said:

+ 1 on the Corvex mouldings being crap, their hood mouldings are s**t too!!!.

Agree with you Jet on the hood moulding.  Its rubbish. I did however use the Corvex moulding on my mach 1 drip rail and that are OK. 

I think carpenter makes the best mouldings .

1 hour ago, Mike65 said:

I purchased all the grille moldings good used & will polish them before I install them.

problem is finding a good set, then the clips that are made today are trash. anybody have a set of good used ones?

I looked through their catalog & could only find #-19626 (25 count pkg), & 19627 (15 count pkg) for the molding fasteners. #10-24 x 3/4" bolt, plate length 1", plate width 1/2". Can anyone confirm if these are the right ones to use.

5 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Not for sure why yours is fitting so bad, but ours fit great. We have one Aveco clip that we use.

20180724_095304.jpg

20180724_094646.jpg

20180724_094637.jpg

20180724_095320.jpg

Those clips look like they are much better than what comes with them.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, fvike said:

The POS units is Corvex Mouldnings that I got from CJ Pony Parts. 

Of the 4 Corvex crescent molding I bought, 2 didn't fit like fvike's. While in the area I stopped by NPD Ventura. The counter guy said Corvex were the best of those type moldings they carried. He brought out several and the next 2 we tried were spot on. I too bought the Daniel Carpenter hood lip moulding, fits like a glove. The new  NPD online info doesn't say DC, just original Ford tooling, part #16856-3.