AJV69

69 factory label decal placement?

Does anyone know where there is a guide to where the factory labels and decals get placed on a 69 Mach 1? I have the complete package and there are no instructions. Many thanks

I try to look at several Concours restored cars and see what they have where. You'r going to end to tossing a few of those decals you purchased in the kit as well.

Beware, not everything you see is correct. Here is one I use for reference for many items. Some decals and locations might vary depending on assembly plant.

http://photos.mustangsbymike.com/Mach-1-Candy-Apple-Red.

The locations varied depending upon where the car was built and what time of year it was built. Your best bet is to seek out a car built at the same plant (Dearborn, San Jose or Metuchen) around the same time as yours. Do you know where your car was built and the date?

ConcoursMustang.com is a good resource.

Looking at our unofficial registry here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10qylpOcZgQLu9SAvhtRhmjGS8Cg0B_y0MpJSU-poATk/edit#gid=370348491

I see that Jeff Tepper has an early November, 1968, San Jose build - very close to your build date. Jeff is a regular poster over on concoursmustang.com. I suggest joining that forum and sending Jeff a PM about where his decals are located. I'm sure he'd be glad to help. It's almost assured yours were in the same place.

As an aside, my car is a June 1969 Dearborn build and has the engine spec decal on the passenger side inner fender. Nearly all cars built in Dearborn have it on the drivers side. It turns out there was a 2 or 3 month period where someone (ones?) at the plant did this and it's been documented. The other 10 zillion cars they made there had the decal on the drivers side. I know, I'm a geek.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, 69RavenConv said:

Looking at our unofficial registry here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10qylpOcZgQLu9SAvhtRhmjGS8Cg0B_y0MpJSU-poATk/edit#gid=370348491

I see that Jeff Tepper has an early November, 1968, San Jose build - very close to your build date. Jeff is a regular poster over on concoursmustang.com. I suggest joining that forum and sending Jeff a PM about where his decals are located. I'm sure he'd be glad to help. It's almost assured yours were in the same place.

As an aside, my car is a June 1969 Dearborn build and has the engine spec decal on the passenger side inner fender. Nearly all cars built in Dearborn have it on the drivers side. It turns out there was a 2 or 3 month period where someone (ones?) at the plant did this and it's been documented. The other 10 zillion cars they made there had the decal on the drivers side. I know, I'm a geek.

Thanks for that info, I worked at Ford from 1962 to 1968 at the Oakville and St Thomas Assembly plants in Canada so I know anything is possible as line workers back in the day did some non authorized activities on a frequent basis.

Another option is to go over to http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php and do some searching before asking questions. Make sure you get the right assembly plant as they did not always place them in the same locations. Also, for here, try breaking it down, which decal, where to place it. And do not put the "Caution" sticker on your fan shroud just because they gave you one.  :-)

I've gotten the message about the Caution sticker.  Add that to the tool box.

Looking to place the Maintenance Sticker

Jack instructions

Tie down instructions,  says License plate area?  Was that really used in this location?

Ford Motor Company Certification sticker

Emissions control sticker

Had not used the other site before so I've just registered.  

On my 69 Coupe the jacking instructions was on the l./s lower part of the trunk lid where you see the clean spot in the pic. The tie down instructions sticker was on the rear valance behind where the license plate would go.

100_1132_zpswg6efhsv.jpg

thanks for sending the picture.    I have most of the decals mounted.    Not a concourse car but I want to be as close in some areas as I can get.  

This site is great and really provides so much help from a lot of great people.  

Welcome to the site! Exact placement depends upon where your car was built (Dearborn) and when. There's a lot of discussion on this subject over at concoursmustang.com - give those guys your build date and they can probably post some pics close to the way yours looked from the factory.

There's probably somebody here with a nice '70 Dearborn build that could post up some pics to get you started.