prayers1

Looking for a direct replacement Aluminum Radiator

I have a 351 Cleveland stroked to a 408 with Aluminum CHI heads. It also has the Brass 3 core Big Block OEM Radiator and a 7 blade clutch fan.

Driving on the highway it stays around 195. I have a 195 Thermostat and Kool Flow Aluminum Water Pump. In traffic it gets up to 220 and if I get on it, it will get hotter.

It also has Shorty Headers. The motor fits in real tight, not much elbow room to allow cool air circulation.

I'd like ti get an Aluminum Radiator that fits like a stock one and an Electric Fan.

What do you all recommend?

Thank you? 

I have been running this one for about 2 years. I have 180 degree thermostat, have A/C and FiTech controlling the fans. Driving in traffic in 90 degree temperature stop and go traffic I have never seen it over 197 degrees

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CR3217HPK-ALUMI-TECH-1967-1970-FORD-MUSTANG-COUGAR-DIRECT-FIT-RADIATOR-SPAL-FANS/290910703371?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 

15 hours ago, BuckeyeDemon said:

a 195 degree thermostat starts to open at 195 and takes a lot more temperature to open up fully.   consider changing to a 180 degree first.

I agree, that's the first thing I would do.  Likely still need another radiator.  But a 195 thermostat on these older cars is a little too high.

I purchased my direct fit Griffin radiator through Summit Racing.  They had the best pricing at the time.  You don't need to go to a Mustang parts supplier to get a direct fit radiator.

3 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

There's a  big difference between the Griffin  radiator sold to the general  public, and the one specifically made for us.

The helpful thing would be to show the exact differences between the two.

5 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

There's a  big difference between the Griffin  radiator sold to the general  public, and the one specifically made for us.

I don't know, the Direct Fit Griffin I got from Summit fit.  That was many years ago.  I am also curious what the differences today would be.

We made sure the upper and lower tanks would fit the factory brackets, then we had the radiator cap lowered so they wouldn't hit the hood, plus have anchors installed for our electric fans. Yes they cost more than a Champion, but there's no comparison between the two.

4 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Aren't you the same guy that gave me a hard time about the tailpipes  ?  Now you want me to post, make up your mind.

Yep.  Same guy.  Seems you're the same guy who, in my opinion of course, abuses vendor privilege by turning this board into free advertising space.  Lot's of us have stuff to sell, but don't do it in the various tech forums as a courtesy.  Information, "how-to" and help should be what's "free" here.  Not advertising and promotion.  Nobody here fell off a turnip truck....

So this means that  you will be putting the  rear bumper that your planning to  sell  to the public  on the vendor section ?  The big difference between you and I is I tried to give use helpfully incite to what to look out for when producing  parts.  If I thought  like a Liberal rather than Christian,  then I  would said you need to be in the vendor section. The nice think about having a  gift of discernment is people like you  are very easy to read.  This forum  has always been  one of the best ones put there where everyone  gets along, but it only takes  one bad apple  to start trouble.

So another option out there is something like this:

https://www.dallasmustang.com/parts/cooling-heating/radiators-accessories/24-maxcore-aluminum-radiator-1968-1969-v8-2-row.html

I've had this Radiator for a couple seasons now and it's works great and is a direct fit.  I even used the stock shroud with it until I upgraded to electric fans.  Even close to 100 degrees I was keeping engine in the 180's.   Now I'm running a 347 so might make a difference, but it was running hot with a copper 3 core.  Just Another option.

3 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

So this means that  you will be putting the  rear bumper that your planning to  sell  to the public  on the vendor section ?  The big difference between you and I is I tried to give use helpfully incite to what to look out for when producing  parts.  If I thought  like a Liberal rather than Christian,  then I  would said you need to be in the vendor section. The nice think about having a  gift of discernment is people like you  are very easy to read.  This forum  has always been  one of the best ones put there where everyone  gets along, but it only takes  one bad apple  to start trouble.

I'm not trying to be rude.  What bothers some, or at least a few of us, is every time MTF post's a response in a thread it's to offer something they sell.  Not right.  There have been a couple of other vendors in the past that did that.  But it occurred rarely, only for a short time, and then they just stopped.  If MTF wants advertising on this forum then it might be better to simply purchase it.  Then MTF gets their advertising directed at Mustang owners and the forum owner get some income to help fund the forum.  Both parties win and all is legitimate. Seems simple.  Also, a forum is no place for political or religious inferences. 

The photo of the top of the Griffin Direct Fit radiator in a previous post doesn't look like mine or others I have seen.  I don't know, maybe they have changed their design other the years so the tanks no longer look like the originals.

1969_Mach1:

I don't have a problem with MTF when they respond with something that they sell that they can help with the problem of the original poster.  I think most people here know that MTF is also a vendor and what they have to offer must be taken with the appropriate care one would take with any vendor.  If they offered items that were entirely inappropriate or irrelevant to the thread, then I would have a problem as well.  My casual interpretation/reading of their posts is that they are trying to offer help with the obvious bias of supporting things that they know work and provide in their high-end products.  I don't think that this is too awful to make a stink about.  The phrase is "caveat emptor". 

I hope that my advice that I present to this forum is not construed as well as hyping my products or services, although that is an ulterior motive for joining.  I try not to shill my services unnecessarily and only when it is appropriate.  I believe MTF is doing the same.

Just my humble opinion.

Written with respect and humbleness, Midlife.