capemustang

headlight dimmer switch connector

I am trying to repair/replace the connector to my headlight dimmer switch. Does anyone know where to purchase a headlight dimmer switch connector ?Also, would you know the part number or if something else is compatible.   I have the switch but the plug it connects to is a bit damaged. I would greatly appreciate any help.  I am attaching a photo of the headlight dimmer switch.This is not what I need-- I need the plug that connects to it. Thank you in advance.1969headlightdimmerswitch.pdf

Edited by capemustang
forgot a word!

Welcome to the forum! I don't think those connectors are reproduced. You may want to inquire with some of the used parts dealers like West Coast Classic Cougars or shoot Midlife a PM here on the forum.  You could also post up a "wanted to buy" here on the site. BTW, I think what you're looking for is the mating connector to the Headlight Switch. Most people think of the foot operated plunger on the floor when the hear the term Dimmer Switch

Good luck and be advised you will probably have to post up some pictures of your car before anyone else helps you :)

Yes, I can supply either the headlight switch connector (a 1.5" x 3" rectangular connector) or the dimmer switch itself.  If you are missing the headlight switch connector, do you have a bunch of cut wires in that approximate area or what?

15 hours ago, 69RavenConv said:

Welcome to the forum! I don't think those connectors are reproduced. You may want to inquire with some of the used parts dealers like West Coast Classic Cougars or shoot Midlife a PM here on the forum.  You could also post up a "wanted to buy" here on the site. BTW, I think what you're looking for is the mating connector to the Headlight Switch. Most people think of the foot operated plunger on the floor when the hear the term Dimmer Switch

Good luck and be advised you will probably have to post up some pictures of your car before anyone else helps you :)

Thank you for the suggestions and information.  I really appreciate it. I finally got a photo uploaded. I had forgotten to do that earlier !

14 hours ago, Midlife said:

Yes, I can supply either the headlight switch connector (a 1.5" x 3" rectangular connector) or the dimmer switch itself.  If you are missing the headlight switch connector, do you have a bunch of cut wires in that approximate area or what?

Thank you, I think I need the female end of the headlight switch with the wires. I will get a good photo and send it to you in the next day or so. 

On 6/24/2018 at 11:25 PM, 69RavenConv said:

I don't think those connectors are reproduced.

There are new connectors on the American Autowire electrical harness. So someone has to reproduce them, or perhaps AAW does it themselves?

On 6/25/2018 at 8:29 AM, capemustang said:

Thank you, I think I need the female end of the headlight switch with the wires. I will get a good photo and send it to you in the next day or so. 

Hello, I am not sure if I need to try and repair my connector or if I need the female end of the headlight switch (photo 1) with the wires (the one mounted on dash).  The other 4 photos (sorry they are poor quality since it was from under the dash)  are of the connector that may/maynot be damaged (female end).  The headlight switch is functioning but the dash lights come and go due to what I think is a broken wire or something in the connector.  It's not the actual switch since I have checked it out with a new one and have the same issues.  IF I need a need female connector and wires--1) is it available 2) if available--how much would it cost? Thank you in advance. 

photo4backview.JPG

photos3sideview.JPG

photo2.JPG

Photo11969headlightdimmerswitch.png

photo2afrontJPG.JPG

I doubt you need the female connector.  For the dash lamps, I would focus more on the fuse box and the small fuse and those clips: they are the more likely suspect for the dash lamps not working well rather than the female connector.  Intermittent functioning suggests that a wire is not broken, but rather a loose connection somewhere.

If you really need the connector and wire pigtails, I just need to know the model year.  It'll run $10 plus $3.50 for mailing.