Sign in to follow this  
rwcstang

Next Gen Stealth Tank for Carb/EFI Applications

Saw this on the VMF forums, Thought I would share this with ya'll if you havent seen it.  Definitely something worth looking at if your doing intank setup for EFI/Carb applications. Definitely can't wait to do a EFi Conversion with this thank.

https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/gen2tanks_pa/

Have to wait until fall for the 69-70 tanks 

2 hours ago, SM69Mach said:

Would figure they do this AFTER I upgrade mine.

But a nice option and glad they are listening to potential customers.  

that's a bummer, I have been thinking of doing an EFI Conversion myself with Holley's Sniper and Distributor setup, I think this tank will do well! definitely knocks out my ext.pump from holley as its been frustrating with it overheating on hot days.

12 hours ago, rwcstang said:

that's a bummer, I have been thinking of doing an EFI Conversion myself with Holley's Sniper and Distributor setup, I think this tank will do well! definitely knocks out my ext.pump from holley as its been frustrating with it overheating on hot days.

Totally agree.  That is why I went with their Phantom set up as well.  Pump kept overheating and vapor locking.  Drove it recently to the Hot Rod Power Tour Ssop here near me and had no issues, pump ran great and as quiet as can be.  I do like have the access under the car as I did have a couple of holes to drill for the lines. Not a bad deal, just have to put something over top of it so I don't have to worry about anything riding on top of the pump set up.  

14 hours ago, Rsanter said:

That is a great setup. It’s about time.

i can’t stand the ones that put the fuel lines in the trunk.

some of us that do fabrication could easily copy that design

Wonder if they will sell just the components to retrofit into a tank? I've got an unused stainless steel tank that could use some guts lol

22 minutes ago, latoracing said:

Wonder if they will sell just the components to retrofit into a tank? I've got an unused stainless steel tank that could use some guts lol

Would be a nice option if they did.  

11 hours ago, latoracing said:

I was wondering the same thing as well.

perhaps if we are asking for 3-5 sets they might think about it

I sent Aeromotive a quick e-mail last Friday asking if they are thinking about having a kit to install into a stock tank. They just got back with me on the inquiry...

Dear Mike,

At this time, no sir, we don’t have a retrofit kit available.  In fact though your tank should be similar, in fact there’s no guarantee that our parts would in fact correctly fit your tank.  I suppose it could be sent to us for fitment, however that could get pretty costly.  Sorry, I wish I had a better answer but we appreciate your interest!

Hope that helps, let us know if you need further assistance and thanks for choosing Aeromotive!

Brett Clow

Tech Director

Well, guess that answered the question, at least for now...