Sign in to follow this  
69Stanger408

Power Steering Blow Outs

Brand new crate engine start up with new TCI Rack & Pinion along with CVF Racing Saginaw pump w/remote reservoir. Within a minute power steering fluid started blowing out the vent cap of the remote reservoir. I double checked the hoses, no leaks and all connected to proper ports (high pressure/returns), bled the system by turning wheels lock to lock on jack stands about 10 times. Every time I start the engine this happens, needless to say I have a serpentine system so breaking in the engine w/o pump is not an option.Thoughts, anyone have a similar issue? Other than that the Holley Sniper EFI is great, crate engine start up within two seconds, nice idle...need to address the steering fluid issue so I can break the engine in.

8 hours ago, bigmal said:

Just a thought but do you have the lines reversed?

Nope, 6AN pressure out from pump to 9/16 lower port of rack. 5/8 return from upper port of rack to 6AN of remote reservoir. 10AN from remote reservoir (with baffle) to 10AN return side of pump. Remote reservoir is located above pump, straight line, unobstructed gravity route

3 hours ago, unilec said:

I remember reading somewhere, that the pump rotation is important, maybe the wrong turning direction.

Do not believe that is the issue as the entire front runner system was provided by CVF racing, all particular to the 351W with standard pulley direction (clockwise). They provided the AC compressor, alternator, Saginaw pump & reservoir, along with the pulleys and belt. Directions were followed and double checked...accessories and belt can only go on one way.