Rsanter

Needing 1966 Mustang convertable body

Yes I know it’s earlier than the range of this forum......

i need a 1966 conv body. I need the body tub to be good. As good as I can get.

if it unbolts from the body I don’t care about it that much. Engine ant trans don’t matter

why you ask, well I bought a badly wrecked donar car that I want to use to build a convertable

On 5/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, Midlife said:

Ummmm...you do know that all Mustangs are unibodies and one cannot unbolt it from the frame. 

Meaning...if it unbolts from the body...such as fenders, doors, etc

i need a good body tub or what you are referring to as the unibody

Do you have a convert now or is it a coupe . The convert inner structure fits right into a coupe body with the roof trimmed off ,the front upper window brace is the same in a coupe and convert with the roof peeled off ,just needs a couple of square holes cut in the under side .  A coupe body is a lot easier to find

This is actually a coupe ,i had a wrecked convert and pulled all of the convertible inner structure out and put it in the coupe ,a new set of quarters and hammered and dollied the wheel tubs ad the convert rockers and it has fooled several people . I have built 6 of them that way

FB_IMG_1528337990400.jpg

On 6/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Do you have a convert now or is it a coupe . The convert inner structure fits right into a coupe body with the roof trimmed off ,the front upper window brace is the same in a coupe and convert with the roof peeled off ,just needs a couple of square holes cut in the under side .  A coupe body is a lot easier to find

I have a couple coupes and have considered the conversion.

i would really like to find a real conv to build using the donar conv I have. It’s a question of time verses money