Getting my engine dressed up for my install.   I am struggling with the way to route my heater hoses.   I also need to find a way to make a 90 degree bend coming off of the water pump lower connection to get around my serpentine belt alternator location.   I have nearly everything else routed in my fenderwells, so not looking to add any more stuff there....   I've seem some Boss 302 factory metal tubes that mount to the intake that look pretty cool, thinking about those.  

Any pictures, suggestions, lessons learned would be appreciated.  I am running a 351 Windsor based stroker with Vintage Air

Thanks, I really like those. How does the temperature sensor work, if the heat is not on    My vintage air heater control valve will only open when there’s a demand for heat

Thanks for all the ideas guys.   I will have to find one of those 90 degree  fittings, or bent hoses. I have to take a real close look to make sure I can sneak the hose through there   

13 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Thanks, I really like those. How does the temperature sensor work, if the heat is not on    My vintage air heater control valve will only open when there’s a demand for heat

if you look at the 6th photo in the link to LMR I posted, it shows where the temp gauge is. So depending on where your control valve is, I would think (key work there) that the coolant would be always in there. When I added my temp sensor I put it right where the bypass was since I don't have a heater core. but if I add heat ill need another place. another option would be to buy the same kit only without the added bung. then just drill and tap into the threaded area that goes into the intake. seen that done a few times but then your sensor sits pretty high. 

On my small block, I've tried all of the above to get the heater hose routing to look nice and clean - fox body tubes, 90 degree fitting, etc.  It all can work and look nice but if your fuel comes into the carb on that side then I would not do it.  The original Ford carbs get fuel on the front but most aftermarkets are on the passenger side so the heater hoses will be close to the fuel line unless you have a really tall spacer.  The heater hoses put a lot of heat underneath the carb and if your fuel lines are close then you can suffer from percolation.  

david