MAC390

Huge loss for the family

Took the car to the car show early this morning Sunday, gave the keys to one of my buddies at the show and waited for my wife to pick me up.

We then went down to the Animal hospital were our 7 yo German Shepherd was fighting for his life after acute kidney failure.

The previous night i spent a couple of hours with him but he was in extreme pain but still wagged his tail when he saw me.

Anyway this morning we had to make that horrendous decision to put him down, so after spending time with him he passed away.

I feel like SHIT and have lost my best friend and garage dog, always with me in there. Huge hole in my heart, miss him dearly.

Sorry about the ramble but i am in tears as i write this. His name is Cody.

Cody 1.JPG

Cody 3.JPG

I am so very sorry for your loss...

I lost one of my Greyhounds to kidney failure a few years ago, and it was heart wrenching...

I pray for your heart to heal and the memories of your sweet dog to live on forever!!!

Terribly sorry for your loss.  7- years old is too young.  That is a very difficult heart breaking situation.  Large dogs are great companions and it sometimes seems they bond with their families more so than small dogs.  I've been there 4 times with Golden Retrievers.  Three when they were young, 8 and 9 years old due to cancer.  But, I keep getting another one.  You never forget them but the pain will go away with time.

No words can help they are more than just a family member never ending love that can always put a smile on your face when your down. We've owned German Shepherds since the late 60's we lost our last one to hip dysplasia 10 years ago we wanted another one but just can't take the pain of losing another friend.

I honestly love our animals more than most people. We have a cat that's my baby going on 15 years dreading the day we lose her. 

I still get emotional thinking of our animals we've had during the years. 

Hello MAC390,

It may be hard to some to understand but any animal lover sure gets it.

I lost my Cocker Spaniel after 17 years - -I was never able to get another dog after his

passing. Animals really do understand all our emotions and feelings. They are a 

real part of the family.

Yours was a great looking dog - -you will miss him but always keep the great memories.

Perhaps in time we will both get another "friend". They of course will be different and NOT a replacement

I honestly feel your pain  - - 

Be well - - Sam  aka Print Dad