69Stanger408

Exhaust Options - Heidts 4 Link

Looking for exhaust options. I have a 69 Mach 1 with a Heidts four link, coil over, & panhard bar set up along with Heidts X-Brace. Interested to know if anyone had luck with a packaged system (Flowmaster, Magna Flow, Pypes, etc.) or am I looking at full custom? Understand a custom pipe will be required from the JBA header flange to the main system within the trans tunnel if a packaged system is available. Unfortunately the vendors say the systems are for stock OEM cars and cannot confirm the fit will work in my application. Don't want to be buying packaged systems only to pay the freight of returning same. Suggestions are welcome.

It will need to be custom, which is not much $ 

I have a 4.6 and used an x pipe made for that engine, after the mufflers is where you will need it custom made. 

The pipes will have to go under the axle, there will be Zero room above it.

Dont worry, you cant see them when on the ground.

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

23 hours ago, SWPruett said:

Agree with NEWSTANG with one addition:  make sure the rear suspension is at full droop when you set up the rear exhaust under the axle so you have plenty of clearance.

Yes, dont do this on the ground, it must be done on a lift so the rear is fully down

On 5/19/2018 at 7:34 AM, mustangstofear said:

Here's what we developed for our new MTF Watt's link. This will also work on the Heidt's . We also made sure that we could use all the factory mounting points.

IMG_4438_1067x800.JPG

IMG_4439_1067x800.JPG

IMG_4466_800x600.JPG

IMG_4468_800x600.JPG

IMG_4469_800x600.JPG

IMG_4470_800x600.JPG

wow, never thought it could fit over the axle

On 5/19/2018 at 2:56 AM, unilec said:

newstang, I like your tail lights, did you make the panel yourself?

yes, i cut and welded in the 68 tail light sections and epoxied in the lenses, then sanded down with filler till it was flush

On ‎21‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, newstang said:

Ill send you pics in a pm if you want, i dont want to hijack this thread.

Ok, awesome like to see that.

We got the pricing from Stainless Works, and man did it ever make my hair stand on end LOL. There's no way we would be able to sell them for what they charge. So we took one side off and dropped it off at the company that make all of our gas filler tubes. In the pictures it shows their 24 inch muffler, but they would wake up the dead, so we now have their 36 inch on there.

So jury is still out? Speaking of gas filler tubes...are they stock replacements? I have a Holley replacement tank w/EFI pump, the tube does not line up very well at all, needs much adjustment to align regardless of the rubber tube....will need to address as the cap angle is approx 1" away from top to be flush with back panel.

we just got pricing from our other vendor  yesterday and they are a lot less, plus no shipping cost. This will be tailpipes and hanger brackets only, you can furnish what ever brand of muffler you want. We are leaving on vacation now, but will have the pricing done when we get back. 

On ‎06‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, SWPruett said:

Now that this has turned from a technical conversation into a sales discussion, shouldn't this move to the vendor section?

I agree.  If there isn't a vendor section, one would be beneficial for both vendors and non-vendor members.  Vendors often add valuable information.  But I don't think a technical forum is appropriate for a vendor to promote sales of their products.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, 1969_Mach1 said:

I agree.  If there isn't a vendor section, one would be beneficial for both vendors and non-vendor members.  Vendors often add valuable information.  But I don't think a technical forum is appropriate for a vendor to promote sales of their products.

Always someone crying. What's the big deal