69Stanger408

Exhaust Options - Heidts 4 Link

2 hours ago, white69mach1 said:

Always someone crying. What's the big deal

You wanna open every tech section up to everyone offering something to sell?  It's a disservice to the other members of the board, the other "disciplined" suppliers who keep the "selling" where it belongs, and keeps a technical topic well........technical.

5 hours ago, white69mach1 said:

Always someone crying. What's the big deal

Let's be nice to one another.

After reading thru the thread again, MTF didn't initiate anything, but was merely replying to questions. It didn't sound to me like he was cold calling for sales here. He even shows the routing in pics which anyone could take to their local shop to duplicate. Heck, I once had a well liked Mustang shop who posts online, refuse to tell me what brand rod ends they use because it was "proprietary". I have no issues with MTF's postings. I've been wrong before :)

12 hours ago, RPM said:

Let's be nice to one another.

After reading thru the thread again, MTF didn't initiate anything, but was merely replying to questions. It didn't sound to me like he was cold calling for sales here. He even shows the routing in pics which anyone could take to their local shop to duplicate. Heck, I once had a well liked Mustang shop who posts online, refuse to tell me what brand rod ends they use because it was "proprietary". I have no issues with MTF's postings. I've been wrong before :)

To me it looks like the failing attorney chasing an ambulance.  MTF does offer tech help which is always very much appreciated.  But embedded somewhere is many of their posts is some form of ". . .what we offer is . . ."  and " . . . pricing will be or pricing is . . ."  I kind of see it as free advertising and those types of phrases are inserted into posts instead of sending somebody a private message so more people will see it.  

I agree with SWpruett, it is a disservice to others suppliers. 

1 hour ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

To me it looks like the failing attorney chasing an ambulance.  MTF does offer tech help which is always very much appreciated.  But embedded somewhere is many of their posts is some form of ". . .what we offer is . . ."  and " . . . pricing will be or pricing is . . ."  I kind of see it as free advertising and those types of phrases are inserted into posts instead of sending somebody a private message so more people will see it.  

I agree with SWpruett, it is a disservice to others suppliers. 

^ What he said.....

So ... here's what I would suggest in these situations: If you sell a product, create a new thread in the vendor's section (Yes, there is one here on the site)

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/forum/47-all-mustang-products-and-vendors/

Then post a link to it the technical thread ("Take a look at our solution here..."). It's more work but the upside is double:

1. You can continue a discussion of your product outside of the original thread.
  2. You can easily find (and link to) the thread when someone else asks the same question 6 months from now.

Thanks.

Sure you had found your solution after that amount of time but I am using flowmaster mufflers with complete chrome exhaust with x-pipe. The sound of the big block v8 is amazing. Some people say the magnaflow was better but this setup makes me happy enough.