I'm currently running a Holley 670 cfm Street Avenger Carb with Electric Choke for my 408 Windsor stroker.  I'm strongly considering an upgrade to EFI and I've been trying to do research on ones to avoid and all of the items that are required to be done.  The FI Tech Fuel Injection system appears to show up a good bit during research with good reviews.  Does anyone have advice on ones to avoid, any issues, or recommendations for EFI upgrade?

FiTech broke the price barrier which is why its so popular. Many people don't have any problems with it, but some say their tech support gives inaccurate or different answers to the same question. You can Google it and see. I was set to get a FiTech but now I'm leaning toward the Holly Sniper. They are a bigger company and have more technical depth. They have a users group plus their tech support line and email system. Any questions I've asked were promptly answered. I'm sure you'll find happy customers for both products.

I did a FiTech before the Holley was available.  The user groups for FiTech have some great info and are very helpful.  I have had zero issues with the unit and it runs and drives really good and even continues to get better the more I drive it. 

I will say, don't skimp on the fuel pump and lines.  I used the FiTech external pump kit and had issues in the NC summer heat with vapor lock.  I just upgraded over the winter with an in-tank Aeromotive Phantom kit and it is a much better set up.  I also went to the the PTFE lines which are more expensive, but long term for the car a much better option, but not needed.  I ran the lines away from all heat sources to keep the fuel as cool as possible.  I put the regulator in passenger fender well and deadhead the feed line to the Throttle body and so far it is running great, and can't even hear pump after the car is running.

I absolutely love the the FI set up.  One of my favorite upgrades and makes driving the car so much fun.  Great cold starts, no issues with AC, electric fan control, great throttle response.  

I know a couple of people with the Holley set up that have similar experiences.  I think the support for FiTech has gotten better, but certainly lacking compared to Holley.  I have also seen the display for Holley and it looks much better than the FiTech unit, but both very functional.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Good luck

If I had the budget for an EFI conversion I'd go with a Holly Sniper or the more expensive Holley Terminator system and one of their fuel tank with internal fuel pump kits.  Mostly for reasons like Mach1 Driver mentioned.  Holley has been in the fuel system industry for a long time.  My thoughts are Holley has more background and technical knowledge when it comes to fuel systems.  I honestly don't know if EFI will net much more power over a properly selected and tuned carb.  But it should be easier to get dialed in.

I have had less than good luck with my fitech it has spent more time in California than on the car... the last time I got it back it went gust over 100mi before failing..

I ordered a new 950 carb. for the motor after selling my new 750 and 950 because I would not need them anymore..

The warranty is over if I want it back I have to pay for it.... 

Many have done a lot better....

I’ve been running the FiTech unit for a short time. Pretty happy with it and are still dialing it in. 

If you have any exhaust / intake leaks it won’t matter what brand you run your gonna have issues. 

You only have to jump on the sniper or FiTech Facebook pages to see both are having issues . But remember most people only post that are having issues and are looking to get help and you don’t see all the people that are happy with them.  If it wasn’t for company’s like FiTech we would still be paying 3k or more for these tba units. 

I went in tank pump and love it. Cold starts are great. Even after a month sitting idle it starts first time . Way better than the edelbrock carb I was running.

Both system learn to a point. But if you think you can just bolt it on and walk away your kidding yourself. 

FiTech has a pro tuning page so you can really dial them in. I also milled my divide wall down on the edelbrock  rpm manifold and that made some improvement as well.

The Holley ve tables look a bit better than the FiTechs but the Holley do suffer from electrical interference a little more from what I’ve been reading.

GOOD news after 5+ months they are going to look at my unit....Maybe see it back by mid summer.

Wish I could spend that much time in californa doing nothing but hanging out.

I have long ago accepted that this thing is just one more  of the many things that just did not work out....FOR ME..