Sign in to follow this  
Jack Wheeler

Looking for hood latch bracket

Not sure exactly what this hood latch bracket is called, for a 1969 Mustang Mach1.  When I removed the entire hood latch assembly is came out as an assembly of 3 pieces.  First is the hood latch itself, including the lever you move to release the hood.  Second is the largest piece of the 3, to which the hood latch (mentioned above) is attached.  This piece attaches to the top of the radiator mounting plate, and at the bottom is attached to the center bottom of the front valence.  And finally, the piece I am looking for is a third bracket in this assembly.  It connects the large bracket (noted above) to the front grill surround and front valence.  So, with all that said, I hope you can understand what I am looking for.  I've also attached a couple of pictures.  As you will see in the pictures, my piece is pretty badly bent.  Two of the pictures are of the bracket I need, and the third picture is of the complete, 3 piece, hood latch assembly (as described above) so you can see how it all fits together.  I'm afraid I may have gotten a little wordy.  I'm interested in either a good straight used panel, or leads where I might find a new one (and what is this thing called?)  Thank you.

Hood Latch Bracket.JPG

Hood Latch Bracker1.JPG

Hood Latch Mechanism1.JPG

I believe I have a nice spare grille support for your 69 in a cache of parts I bought. I will check tomorrow when I go to the parts. If it’s nice , it’d be $30 plus the ride. Somebody else may come along with a cheaper one if you wait it out though.