Going through my stuff looking for my parking brake cable connector and ran across this part. Went through all my photos of disassembly and can't figure it out. It was with my rear bump stops and parking cable hardware. Any ideas?

Never did find my parking brake cable connector :( I just know as soon as I order a new one I'll find the old one.

2018-05-02 11.49.41.jpg

2018-05-02 11.49.48.jpg

It's a mystery. I'm sure I thought when I removed it I'd remember. Wrong! Lol.

So Caseyrhe's post did remind me I do have a tab broken off on the headlight bucket. Anyone know what the bucket material is? I'm guessing aluminum. I just won't to make sure it can be welded back on before I take it somewhere.

2018-05-05 07.52.59.jpg

15 hours ago, Brian Conway said:

Couple of pretty good guess's but I don't think so ?   The ' hanger ' has three bolt holes; two are in line and face the other way ?  Brian

69 Exhaust Hanger 4.JPG

That is the picture of the last hanger before rear valance. There is an other (or 2) front of the axle under the rear seat 

2 hours ago, LFugate said:

So Caseyrhe's post did remind me I do have a tab broken off on the headlight bucket. Anyone know what the bucket material is? I'm guessing aluminum. I just won't to make sure it can be welded back on before I take it somewhere.

2018-05-05 07.52.59.jpg

Pot metal.

it is made from dirty pot metal but can sometimes be successfully welded by a welding god but it would be stronger if he reinforced it on the backside with a plate of aluminum maybe .090" thick.

if you can't fix it i may have one.

18 hours ago, Brian Conway said:

Couple of pretty good guess's but I don't think so ?   The ' hanger ' has three bolt holes; two are in line and face the other way ?  Brian

69 Trap Door Handle 3.JPG

69 Exhaust Hanger 4.JPG

Brian, your first picture- is that the trap door prop rod and bracket 45732-1 from NPD? I'm investigating the parts to do a fold down seat and I wondered where that went.

15 hours ago, LFugate said:

2018-05-05 07.52.59.jpg

I just went through this myself, and broken tabs are incredibly common with '69 & '70 Mustangs.  There is a better fix available for this, and here is a link with some info:  http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1110922-69-70-headlight-bucket-tab-repair-sanco-specialties.html

27 minutes ago, mqu02 said:

I just went through this myself, and broken tabs are incredibly common with '69 & '70 Mustangs.  There is a better fix available for this, and here is a link with some info:  http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1110922-69-70-headlight-bucket-tab-repair-sanco-specialties.html

that is not a "better" fix, it is just a different way to fix it.

5 minutes ago, barnett468 said:

that is not a "better" fix, it is just a different way to fix it.

I considered it a "better" fix, because as your previous post stated, these are made from dirty pot metal, and most people don't have access to a welding god.  I do know it has worked for me incredibly well.

2 minutes ago, mqu02 said:

I considered it a "better" fix, because as your previous post stated, these are made from dirty pot metal, and most people don't have access to a welding god.  I do know it has worked for me incredible well.

unless someone lives in a remote are, there is usually a welder not to terribly far from them, however, in a case where the entire tab is missing, that part would definitely be an easier fix than trying to make one.

6 hours ago, LFugate said:

Thanks for the info guys. I was scared it was pot metal. I'll figure what to do about the broken tab.

Yes, you might have a tab missing from a headlight bucket, but the broken part shown in the original post is not from a headlight bucket.  My only guess, like others have mentioned, is it's part of an original exhaust hanger.  It's definitely from under the car.  Brackets for the emergency brake cables do not have bolt holes in them, so it's not that.