Sign in to follow this  
bryonbush

back seat panel

do you guys have any suggestions on how to close the opening where the back seats used to be and the trunk on a FB? I see on the other years they have a panel that can be screwed in but not able to locate something for the 69 fastbacks. I'm seeing if I should make a panel, fab some type of support/reinforcement brackets or just leave it open. 

Also, ill be installing my Corbeau  FX1 pro seats this weekend and looking for ideas on seat belt mounting for the shoulder harness. Ive seen where they can connect to the back seat anchors. I also watched a CJPP video where they have a bolt in kit that connects from one side of the car to the other for your harness to connect to. I don't know when/ if ill be getting a cage so trying to find something that can help stiffen up the car as well as help keep me anchored in.

Thanks

I taped a piece of paper to the panel and marked it with a Sharpie. cut out a piece of aluminum, curved it on rollers and cut to fit. Same could be done with steel. 

My original plan was use a harness instead of a 3 point belt on my daily purpose 69. When I realized i wouldn't be able to reach the knobs on the instrument panel, I nixed that idea. The lock pillars should be stout enough to run a harness bar across at the proper height. If mine, I'd make it removable.