Mach1 Driver

Rear Courtesy lights

The 66 Lincolns and then 67/68 Cougars got much bigger lights than the tiny things in our Stangs. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the housings will fit in the pillar sheet metal or if they have to be hacked? The housings are RH and LH, WCCC part 11516 (used) and the repop lenses are 26017. You can put their 10036 LEDs in them to get even more light. The hole in the sail panel would need to be made bigger.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/l4e9.html

4 hours ago, 69ShelbyGT350H said:

The Mustang sail panels have metal rings the lights snap into. I hacked my original/Scott Drake replacements with LED Lights. Much brighter WHITE light.

Oh, ok so the sail panel supports the light housing on a Stang. I looked at the Dynacorn inner "quarter/door frame assy" for a 69 FB and I think I see the area  where the housing must pass through. There isn't any opening in the part that even vaguely resembles the shape in the Cougar panel. Oh well guess I'll stick with the Stang parts and put in LEDs.  I'm leaning toward a MTF molded head liner with the overhead console and lights and that should help too. Just wish they had added a sunglasses case to the dang thing.Thanks.