newstang

69 Vert project

16 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Can you post a picture of exactly where the tack strip issue is?  

the tach strip that goes on either side of the quarters. its all covered inside so cant take pics, but it comes out here.

IMG_2963.jpeg

2 hours ago, newstang said:

the tach strip that goes on either side of the quarters. its all covered inside so cant take pics, but it comes out here.

IMG_2963.jpeg

Make sure to use the correct length bolts when bolting it in or it really will come out where that circle is. A friend bolted in his tack strips with bolts to long and dented the quarter from the inside 

37 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Make sure to use the correct length bolts when bolting it in or it really will come out where that circle is. A friend bolted in his tack strips with bolts to long and dented the quarter from the inside 

thats exactly what happend

Oh no.. I do have some Cougar parts I am going to use. I will have to look at the Assembly Manuals to see what these strips are used for and what they look like.  Don't recall them in my inventory of convertible top parts.....

14 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Oh no.. I do have some Cougar parts I am going to use. I will have to look at the Assembly Manuals to see what these strips are used for and what they look like.  Don't recall them in my inventory of convertible top parts.....

they are all longer and need to be re-shaped around the bends, throw away those bolts and use 1/4-20 x 1"

On 10/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, newstang said:

funny, i just looked back on when i started this car, Oct 18 2018, it should be complete by that date 2019

1 year

One year is ridiculously fast. You gotta get a life brother. 

Sorry to hear about the tack strip bolt deal :(

20 hours ago, aslanefe said:

May be the brackets were not glued to correct spots thus limiting the adjustment.

Turns out the body man oval'd out the holes on the hinge to move the door further forward, Now my rubber has a ton of resistance on the door closing. 

What a disaster this guy is!

Anywho, thats why i have no adjustment.