newstang

69 Vert project

13 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Nice progress and beautiful work....look forward to seeing it running soon!

Thanks, it runs pretty well (well at least engine starts and keeps running) 

Im just not used to the older style anything anymore. I know it sounds silly, but once you do modular engines, you forget simplicity/

body man is working on the panels.

it turns out the dynacorn radiator support is over 1/2 lower on the left than to the right, so the right side is 3/4 in lower than the left side.

stupid me for assuming the part is correct when they make it.

you cant tell unless you look dead straight at it, too late to do anything now.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_373c.thumb.jpg.dcac7d32ab0e7b452cafb1f0c05241e8.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_372f.thumb.jpg.f849807bfad7a0702c7eee0ab47363e9.jpgJT9orGbhRUm3DvOApv9U4g_thumb_3738.thumb.jpg.8548b1612ee60d090984a5287b740e88.jpg

Couldn't live with knowing the right side was lower so instead of cutting the aprons off and the radiator, we just cut the top of the apron and rad. support and added to it.

Now it is perfectly level.

IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

So I went to the body shop today to see my stang. What do i see beside it? One bad ass gasser belonging to Chuck Zito.

The guy I'm using did this car for him 20 years ago and still looks perfect!

IMG_2291.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2286.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

So today I was putting on the new door handles, I was about to smash it with a hammer. they hit inside the door and did not fit at all. turns out that the mechanism that comes with them are not for 69-70, you need to use your original parts. So why the hell do they sell us this crap that is not for our year cars? i was fortunate enough to find some originals in my trash, hopefully, this will work.

23 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

They didn't  waste anytime getting  all over it.  Looks like  it turned out  great.

i wish i could say the same, so many shortcuts he took drive me crazy. So many unpainted edges, even panted over some small dents that when i pointed it out he told me im nitpicking. 

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

I guess I  would have  no intention of  paying  the man  :)

well, that's the funny part, I paid for half upfront plus materials, then a few weeks ago gave me a sob story and asked if I could square up with him.

I knew at that point that now that he's paid, he won't give a crap. What is the going rate on paint jobs these days?