newstang

69 Vert project

29 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

You might want to reconsider having that upper intake installed, if you still have to lift the engine off of the stand to install it.   If you try to lift it with chains mounted to the ends of the heads, or the exhaust, you will probably scratch that nice new blue paint.  I always lift my engines by the intake with a plate.

i just put it on to take pretty pics. it comes off along with the valve covers.

42 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Those seat brackets are 11 1/2 inches from the lip of the floor pan to the front of the bracket ,and 15 inches from the inside of the rocker to the inside edge of the bracket . The hoocked side of the bracket points forward 

20190129_150345.jpg

20190129_150440.jpg

awesome! thx

Im quickly going broke! 

I dont know where another $7K just went, but this damn thing should be driving around by now !

just ordered rear leafs, another vintage air unit, and those AN fittings will slowly kill your wallet.

hey, anybody have a mass air meter and tube for a 93?

IMG_1326.jpeg

IMG_1327.jpeg

10 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Looking great!    I can't believe the finish you have on the original brackets and pulley's.....is that powdercoat?

Its aluminum spray paint. it does a great job. I'll get a pic of the can when I get to the shop. Got it at Autozone.

being both my lifts are occupied and i wanted the tranny in today I went to HB to buy the tranny jack. Got to say it worked great and did it alone.

I had to remove the bolts on the front of the motor mount and tilt the engine way back to get it in. There is minimal clearance when putting in the AODE/4R70W in that tunnel.

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

20 hours ago, newstang said:

being both my lifts are occupied and i wanted the tranny in today I went to HB to buy the tranny jack. Got to say it worked great and did it alone.

There is minimal clearance when putting in the AODE/4R70W in that tunnel.

Both your lifts? Now you're just bragging :)

While swapping in my AOD I must've R&I'd the trans at least ten times. I finally bought the HF trans jack. Crazy easy. Like you said it's a one man job, and the trans goes straight up. 

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Both your lifts? Now you're just bragging :)

While swapping in my AOD I must've R&I'd the trans at least ten times. I finally bought the HF trans jack. Crazy easy. Like you said it's a one man job, and the trans goes straight up. 

yeah, I am :-)

only thing was the car needs to be pretty high up.

i have my stands at full height, and it wont slide under the car, I had to bring it in via the rear through the tunnel. 

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

You just  can't  beat a tranny  Jack. Wished  I had one years ago before I  blew my  lower  back out :(

54 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

The  Stainless  headers  look  nice. 

not bad for under $70 bucks. 

I have to say, for chineesey product, these actually look and feel well made. even the tig weld on the collector is really nice.

By the way, does everyone have the issue with all shorty headers coming right up against the engine/tranny casting?

I've tried two others and they are right up against it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Shorty-Exhaust-Header-Manifold-for-79-93-Ford-Mustang-5-0-302-V8/232864980128?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

IMG_1349.jpeg

Car is looking awesome and well done for bringing this car back from the dead. Is the header going to interfere with the steering shaft, looks like it could be close.

5 hours ago, unilec said:

Car is looking awesome and well done for bringing this car back from the dead. Is the header going to interfere with the steering shaft, looks like it could be close.

Thanks!, the pic is at a bad angle, I think the steering will clear with room to spare. Ill probably get it in today.

19 hours ago, newstang said:

not bad for under $70 bucks. 

I have to say, for chineesey product, these actually look and feel well made. even the tig weld on the collector is really nice.

I bought a set of tri-y chicom fully tig'd for $80 that I didn't need, but figured wth do I have to lose.  The welds are pretty darn nice. Chicom stuff is always a crap shoot. 

20190302_110000.thumb.jpg.1b0f0c2a868489e04eb45e78597517b2.jpg

22 minutes ago, RPM said:

I bought a set of tri-y chicom fully tig'd for $80 that I didn't need, but figured wth do I have to lose.  The welds are pretty darn nice. Chicom stuff is always a crap shoot. 

20190302_110000.thumb.jpg.1b0f0c2a868489e04eb45e78597517b2.jpg

we don't need, we buy cause we want :-)