newstang

69 Vert project

ok guys, what the heck is this for?

it looks like a drain section under the quarters that just dumps it into the trunk?

Im assuming they are not made and Ill have to make my own?

( the car is upside down on the rotisserie )

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

well, just unboxed the full quarter and noticed it comes without the tail light corner and trunk corner.

I've been looking on all my sources but I do not see it made. I really don't want to try to fabricate this crap as I have way too much to do.

Does anybody have an Idea where I can get a fresh set?

IMG_0869.thumb.jpeg.a8d3f9d2d4c1235235ba12745574b458.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg

fasback is different, im not sure about 68.

I have nothing at all to work with , here is whats left.

I guess anything at this point would be better than what i have.

I just cant believe these clowns have not made these for these cars.

IMG_0871.jpeg

Having no luck with the tail parts. If any of you Western-ers have them I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. ( if your younger than 50-ish disregard that statement )

Anywho, got some stuff done, and really need those parts. Tried making them and cant get it quite right cause i have nothing to compare it to.

I made flats then pounded them on a leather bag, which of course cut open and got sand everywhere, POS

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_32b1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_32b9.jpg

Try contacting James at www.usedmustangparts.net @ Blue Ridge Mustang Classic Mustang to see if he has a 69 Coupe he could cut it off of. He is in Va. & I have dealt with him for parts for my Coupe before. I have also purchased sheet metal pieces from Troy on VMF, he is usually selling parts in the 69/70 parts for sale section there & goes by the profile title of 4280, he is in Oregon.

59 minutes ago, Mike65 said:

Try contacting James at www.usedmustangparts.net @ Blue Ridge Mustang Classic Mustang to see if he has a 69 Coupe he could cut it off of. He is in Va. & I have dealt with him for parts for my Coupe before. I have also purchased sheet metal pieces from Troy on VMF, he is usually selling parts in the 69/70 parts for sale section there & goes by the profile title of 4280, he is in Oregon.

Thanks for the contact. 

hey, I learned something new today, I guess the coupe and vert have different quarter extensions, on the vert it comes more to a point on top. the coupe is more rounded from what i noticed.

the coupe is the yellow car in pic

I was going nuts trying to figure out what i was doing wrong trying to get the corners fitted. turns out it aint me :-) 

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

used-1970-ford-mustang-coupe-8031-16951806-21-1024.jpg

7 minutes ago, newstang said:

hey, I learned something new today, I guess the coupe and vert have different quarter extensions, on the vert it comes more to a point on top. the coupe is more rounded from what i noticed.

the coupe is the yellow car in pic

I was going nuts trying to figure out what i was doing wrong trying to get the corners fitted. turns out it aint me :-) 

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

used-1970-ford-mustang-coupe-8031-16951806-21-1024.jpg

Except the Coupe you show is a 1970, my 69 Coupe quarter panel & quarter extensions are the same as your Vert.

9 hours ago, newstang said:

Got my rear corners in from RidgeRunner! He is a life saver.

Drilled them out, blasted, and primed them.

Yes he is! He's also one of the good guy's who doesn't mind sharing parts or knowledge. 

16 minutes ago, Mike65 said:

Except the Coupe you show is a 1970, my 69 Coupe quarter panel & quarter extensions are the same as your Vert.

Ah, so aside from the tail panels on the 70 the corners are different too. 

I thought they were the same. oh well, we'll make it fit.

28 minutes ago, newstang said:

To add more confusion, 70 vert quarter extension is same as 69 coupe and vert (different than 70 coupe). 70 vert quarter is like 69 coupe and vert panel except it does not have provision for the fake scoops in front of the wheel; it has the body line behind the wheel and comes to a point on top body line like 69 vert and coupe. 70 coupe is the odd ball, no repop quarter panel available yet.

3 hours ago, aslanefe said:

To add more confusion, 70 vert quarter extension is same as 69 coupe and vert (different than 70 coupe). 70 vert quarter is like 69 coupe and vert panel except it does not have provision for the fake scoops in front of the wheel; it has the body line behind the wheel and comes to a point on top body line like 69 vert and coupe. 70 coupe is the odd ball, no repop quarter panel available yet.

yep, now my head is spinning :-)

1 hour ago, newstang said:

yep, now my head is spinning :-)

Haha, let me simplify it for you; you have the correct quarter extensions (the blue ones) and correct quarter panels on your 1969 vert with original A pillar.