Ridge Runner

Dont ,just dont ,that is all

I went to the Fresno swap meet this morning ,if you were looking for any type of Ford part this was not the place to be . In fact ,wasnt much of any parts other than junk . I did how ever get a good laugh ,if you look close you will laugh also ,so it wasnt a totaly waisted day 

20180415_083442.jpg

rps20180415_103103.jpg

11 minutes ago, 69ShelbyGT350H said:

That is the version that is made for those extra hard downshifts.

Yes ,but since the traction bars are backwards ,it would be hard reverse launches . Hsrd to see in the pic ,but the exhaust is like a stinger for a dune buggy . Really funny thing was how many people ...kids ,stopped to look at it haha

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I went to the Fresno swap meet this morning ,if you were looking for any type of Ford part this was not the place to be . In fact ,wasnt much of any parts other than junk . I did how ever get a good laugh ,if you look close you will laugh also ,so it wasnt a totaly waisted day 

20180415_083442.jpg

rps20180415_103103.jpg

Looking at the stance of this Mustang, I would have to guess the owner "REALLY" understands the Traction/Slapper bars!!!   :)   

Usually I just stand and shake my head while thinking "Hmm...  Some peoples children..."

I think he jacked up the car so the rear mudflaps can clear the leaf springs......   

Actually, that is a pretty nice car otherwise. It is a 1967 "Sport Sprint" model.  I has the flip down gas cap, and bright trim on the rockers and the wheel wells, and in-hood turn signals.

6 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Actually, that is a pretty nice car otherwise. It is a 1967 "Sport Sprint" model.  I has the flip down gas cap, and bright trim on the rockers and the wheel wells, and in-hood turn signals.

I agree, someone should rescue that poor car and give it a good home.

It makes me think of a 16-year old with daddy's car and a J.C. Whitney catalog in 1971 ... "I want chrome mud flaps, chrome exhaust tips, traction bars, Gabriel Hijackers, and definitely that 'Mega-Tune K-2000 45-Degree Ultra Bent Radio Antenna', LOL

Oh yeah...airshocks.  I had the Gabriel Hi Jackers on my early Mustangs.  In those days, for some reason, we thought it was cool to paint the rear end housing white, or silver.   Then bolt on some Lakewood traction bars, and a set of chrome reverse rims with trim rings....and you were ready to plug in the 8 Track and blast your favorite tunes...maybe BTO "Not Fragile", or Deep Purple "Machine Head".....

I had a Craig "Power Play" 8 Track....  It had a locking side plate so you could hide it in the trunk....

those were the days...

8 track.jpg