Pharwell

Drum Spindle compatible with Granada Rotor?

I know this has been beaten to death, and I've read a hell of a lot of threads, but I'm looking for some specific experience/info.

I'm currently replacing the front suspn on my 1969 v8 coupe with drum/drum brakes and looking to upgrade to discs. Will '75 Granada rotors/hubs fit '69 front drum spindles? Same bearings?

I'm looking to piece together a custom caliper bracket and it would be fantastic if the granada rotors fit my spindles.

Thanks, Patrick.

it is my understanding what you are attempting will not work.  You cannot put disc hubs on drum spindles. I do not know if I would want to trust the forces in a custom caliper bracket in a hard stop.  There can be a lot of force, in the caliper, you better be sure of your welding.   With the Granada hubs, you get it all.  Even if you do the whole hub,  be careful with the year of Granada. Some had larger openings for the upper ball joint and steering arm where it attaches to the tie rod. Some Granada front hubs just bolt right on, others require some additional work.

Thank you for the info.

I'm really trying to see what can be made to work with the current spindles I do have, without having to shell out for an entire kit. Are there any stock replacement rotors/hubs we know that bolt right up to drum spindles?

(For what it's worth, I'm a mech engineer working for a big 3 and have experience designing and fabricating racecars. If I go this route, I'll certainly over build it even after doing calcs and running FEA analysis.)

Granada bearings are different size than the 69 Mustang.

1965-1967 brake rotors with hubs

and 

1968-1969 brake rotors with hubs will fit right onto your 1969 spindles.

you can install an entire 65-66 mustang disc brake kit right to your spindles, bolt on

So you're saying ALL 65-69 brake rotors with hubs fit onto 69 drum spindles? Wow, that would be cool. I've read up that 67-69 drum spindles are the same but discs are different. Of course that probably has to do with mounting the caliper so I could believe that the actually spindle shaft geometry is consistent.