Bill Bailey

Body tag question

1 hour ago, rdm69supercobra said:

I have no clue about anything, just joined

LMAO! It's an annual Ford only show at Knott's Berry Farm. I'm sure you know about that place west of Disneyland in Buena Park :)

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=hfdulvlab&oeidk=a07eey5ma9b60e68888

I've registered before but never made it there. They sell out every year, usually in March. I'm still on the fence if I'll make it this year. I'll probably decide Saturday afternoon.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:32 AM, rdm69supercobra said:

is it possible for the car built in march 11 1969 to have a casting # block a year and 1/2 form start to install ?

Absolutely not, and it is most likely a standard block and possibly even a 390. With the 430 rear axle, the other engine probably grenaded.

12 hours ago, rdm69supercobra said:

What small block 351c 351w maybe, did they still use 289 that late ??  R U in So Cal, if so car is in the OC. I've been a ford guy all my life ( its what Dad had ) and taken shit from all back home in New England. This is like I died and went  to Ford heaven YAH.  Once I change the pan , and get a good look at the lower end, I'll know for sure.  I started this org. part chase 2 weeks ago, and the only part so far NOT OEM is the hood, even all lights ,bezels fixtures are Ford, although the last owner removed ram air and added 2 x 750 old school Carter 4.5 pro comp carbs ( Shelby Style) Thanks for the shout out

the last 289's were in 68. 302's were phased in in 68 as well. 351 clevelands in 69 windsors in 69 thru early 70. some early mach 1's had windsors then switched to clevelands.

i am in riverside. we had the biggest mustang shop in california.

if you need special parts you can email me. i may have a few or know where some are like the shaker etc.

10 hours ago, rdm69supercobra said:

oh that sounds pretty good, do club people bring there cars, and ifso are U.

what do you mean by "club people"?

there are lots of mustangs of all years but mostly older ones, and lots of other rare fords, cobras, and model t's etc. over 500 cars.

if you go, park in the old sears parking lot on the corner of stanton and la palma. try to find parking along stanton around 200 yards south of la palma then just walk across the street. 

8150 La Palma Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620

Hi barnett468 , let me explain - I've  lived in oc 18 years, never anything but work, now I find myself with tons of time, and knowing nobody, my question was, is it a car club event ( could I attend ) or a mustang thing open to public ( yes, and free ) I was hoping too meet a few like minded folks from this site ?? Well checked out the event, and its been sold out for a while ( $45 ) to enter a car, which I wanted to do, and maybe meet a few of you guys at event. That's all, So thanks much for the heads and the info.

Thanks for the heads up on your address, and engine size and year. Yes on parts, I'm looking 4 a mach 1 69 ram air hood NOS OEM, and a duel quad ram air scoop period correct ( Mr Gasket ) or maybe something new, and finally I have a NOS OEM boss 302/ 429oil filter adapt with all the trimmings to sell or trade. But not just yet. I'm facing a serious health right now, and barley have a cup to piss in . but keep me posted. Oh what moter is in your sm. blk. ??/

11 hours ago, rdm69supercobra said:

Thanks for the heads up on your address, and engine size and year. Yes on parts, I'm looking 4 a mach 1 69 ram air hood NOS OEM, and a duel quad ram air scoop period correct ( Mr Gasket ) or maybe something new, and finally I have a NOS OEM boss 302/ 429oil filter adapt with all the trimmings to sell or trade. But not just yet. I'm facing a serious health right now, and barley have a cup to piss in . but keep me posted. Oh what moter is in your sm. blk. ??/

that hood no longer exists so you will need to buy an original hood.

you have an oil filter adapter for an oil cooler?

11 hours ago, rdm69supercobra said:

Hi barnett468 , let me explain - I've  lived in oc 18 years, never anything but work, now I find myself with tons of time, and knowing nobody, my question was, is it a car club event ( could I attend ) or a mustang thing open to public ( yes, and free ) I was hoping too meet a few like minded folks from this site ?? Well checked out the event, and its been sold out for a while ( $45 ) to enter a car, which I wanted to do, and maybe meet a few of you guys at event. That's all, So thanks much for the heads and the info.

it is open to the public for free. it is the biggest car show on the west coast. it is not a car club.