MAC390

I'm getting good at this

Well, after driving the car for a little while i have a converter oil seal leak.

Only way to fix this is to remove the trans and change the oil seal , pump housing quad ring seal and the gasket .

I have hooker super comps on so out comes the engine and trans complete,  including the hookers after spending a few  hours unhooking everything out she comes.

Had it out in 45 minutes sitting on the floor with the help of my 15 yo daughter  but i can tell you i am over it.

Going to check the valve stem oils seals also and a new inlet manifold gasket.

P1010377.JPG

I'm with ya on being over it. The first few times you r&i the motor is cool. After that it gets old real quickly. I've got a tranny leak that I'm sure is coming from the shifter shaft bushing and seal. 

Typical my luck, the leak was coming through the pump mounting bolts.

Trans is in good condition with no issues . Replaced front seal and quad ring ,bolt seal o rings and got the converter checked and i put a new front pump bush in '

Want to have it running again in 3 weeks , fingers crossed.

That just looks frightening.  That hoist is about at it's limit with the boom in that bolt hole position.  The long tube headers look cool.  I think I'd pass on them just to make things a little easier.

A lot of faith in the aluminum threads in the intake manifold.  I could never bring myself to lift an engine relying on the 5/16-18 UNC aluminum threads in tension like that.

Vicfreg , you are absolutely 100% correct . life is good in the garage at the moment.

On vinyl , Neil Young, CSN and Young, Eagles, Led ZEP , Creedence and a heap of Blues guitarist's and the volume is loud. Also Stevie Ray Vaughn.

The engine is back in it's home , just hooking everything up.

All bolted up, ready to fire up.The car is filthy, will get a good detail Saturday morning.

Here is a couple of pics of the garage mate 70 R/T Dodge Charger 440 4 speed , i am the 4th owner and 94,568 miles.

I restored the car about 3 years ago but i have owned the car for about 10 years.

631/2 Galaxy fastback next.

P1010389.JPG

P1010390.JPG

P1010391.JPG