Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

70 ign issues

Working on starting the 70 vert, non tach dash, wiring all hooked up (brown wire on S) ign  switch on column turned to “on” using test light to ck power to “S” on solenoid and she starts turning over. Yanked bat cable off to stop. Replaced solenoid and does the same thing. When turning key to “on” you can hear solinoid clicking. 

Also, this happening- when hooking pos cable to battery up, turn key to “on” she starts turning over trying to fire. 

Switch in column? 

Possesed?

85BE1848-5D5A-4E6B-8FB5-FEF05E1F31F6.jpeg

Ummm...brown wire goes to I terminal, the rear most pin.  If you hook it up to S terminal (forward pin), the car will crank without catching as soon as you put the key to RUN. 

Your picture shows an unusual set of wires for S and I.  The S has a double wire, looking to be brown; the I terminal has a single brown wire.  I have seen double wires with the 9* connector, but they are almost always red/blue and from late 70's and up, the proper color for the S.  BTW, S stands for starter, I stands for ignition.