bigmal

Need Advice on Removing Air Filter Horn

I would like to fit a Monte Carlo Bar to my 69 with 351C and Shaker but the air filter horn is in the way. When I take off the horn there is a small flange that sticcks out around 3/8". Is there a cover that I can buy that fits over the flange and if so does anyone know where I can get one, or should I remove the flange and weld up the hole.

Any other suggestions as well.

Thanks.

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

10 hours ago, RPM said:

P.S.

I'll give ya $10 for that now useless snorkel Bigmal  :)

Thanks RPM, I have locked my shaker open. I did not see any benifit in sucking warm air from the engine bay.

If you want to PM me your address I will post it over as soon as I take it off.

2 hours ago, bigmal said:

If you want to PM me your address I will post it over as soon as I take it off.

Dude! I was kidding about the snorkle. If it's a real shaker piece it's worth serious cash.

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

Dude! I was kidding about the snorkle. If it's a real shaker piece it's worth serious cash.

I have no use for it so happy to send it. No need for any $. I am running out of space in the garage.

Sorry Barnett. RPM got in first.

9 hours ago, bigmal said:

I have no use for it so happy to send it. No need for any $. I am running out of space in the garage.

No prob, I was just kidding. I would have just sold it back to him for $50.00 plus $28.00 for shipping, handling, and document fees anyway, lol.

12 hours ago, bigmal said:

Don't sell it, or worse, give it away.  I've learned over the years, do not sell good parts unless you need the money.  Especially original parts.  Years down the road you'll regret selling an original part in good condition.

6 hours ago, Brian Conway said:

bigmal;  Your forgetting rule #1 in this game. ' Never get rid of anything '  unless you've looked at it and moved it around the shop for at least 7 years.  Brian

I hear you Brian but I come from a family of horders and make a concious effort not to go down that path. If the car was completely original and any chance I would replace the horn I would keep it.

I think I will weld a plate over the hole as I have the shaker permanantly open.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, Brian Conway said:

bigmal;  Your forgetting rule #1 in this game. ' Never get rid of anything '  unless you've looked at it and moved it around the shop for at least 7 years.  Brian

Does this apply to wives?  I've moved her around the shop more than 7 years and she still won't leave...