TinMan

What width 17" tire

I'm at the point of doing nothing to my survivor. I'm not a fan of the factory rally rims, and I've got a set of 17x8 Torque Thrusts part 309-7865 with 4.5" back spacing on her.

I've got my 06 GT OEM tires on them, 235x55x17 and they're worn out.

The rears would hit the inside fender lip, so I welded a 2x2 square stock on the axle to hit the bumpstops. The front hit the valance, see below.

Anyone running 215x55x17's with 4.5" back spacing? Is all good?

mach105.jpg

IMHO, those wheels and tires should fit easily. Your pic looks like the strut rod needs to be lengthened to move the tire back. The wheelbase is listed at 108". May want to measure it to see if it's longer.

The chart I saw shows your tire with a 26.3 diameter. Mine are 25.7 and my clearance is 1-1/4". Yours should fit. I have ~3-1/2° of caster and my car is lowered ~2".

20180401_111626.thumb.jpg.e192b71cb4dfe68fd645fc8bc10d26d5.jpg

1 hour ago, SM69Mach said:

The 235/55 does seem a little tall, but should still fit. 

Oops. When I read "Anyone running 215x55x17's with 4.5" back spacing? Is all good?" I somehow thought that was the tire size rubbing. At 27.2" diameter for the 235/55-17, a hammer might be your friend. But you also say the tires are worn out. Why are you concerned if a worn out set of tires fit? I'd get a smaller diameter front tire and be done.

Like SM69Mach, I went with 245/45-17 in the Front.   This keeps your tire outside diameter around 25-1/2"   (25.7).   

I have Global West (+) 3 UCAs to avoid the interference problem when you want to dial in some Caster.