Sean D

351w drivers side lower outlet radiator hose

Is anyone running with a 69 351w with drivers side water pump configuration and driver side lower radiator outlet? If so can you suggestion a set of radiator hoses that fit my configuration as i don't think it is that uncommon? My new 408 stroker will be setup with driver side edelbrock aluminum water pump and just got my Griffin 24" wide direct fit radiator with driver side lower outlet. Have dual contour electric fans, but don't think that matters.

Radiator: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gri-7-70039

gri-7-70039_lh_ml.jpg

I did this combo and bought a lower hose for a 70 with a 351C. It had to be trimmed some to fit. It’s on and yard driving but the hose has only about 1 inch of clearance to the power steering belt. If you find something better, please post. I need to do it better. 

1970 Mustangs with a 351W have the lower radiator hose on the drivers side.  That application should work for your 1969.  You do have the correct accessory brackets, timing pointer, and harmonic balancer for use with the drivers side lower radiator hose?  It's more than simply a water pump and radiator difference.

1 minute ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

1970 Mustangs with a 351W have the lower radiator hose on the drivers side.  That application should work for your 1969.  You do have the correct accessory brackets, timing pointer, and harmonic balancer for use with the drivers side lower radiator hose?  It's more than simply a water pump and radiator difference.

Yes, it will have the correct accessory brackets, timing pointer, and harmonic balancer for use with the drivers side lower radiator hose. Absolutely agree, it is more than simply a water pump and radiator difference.