N.D Mach 1

Fmx kickdown cable

Hey I was wondering what anyone did for the kickdown cable I currently have the rod but it wont work with the new intake I put on so I was going to go cable. Summit makes one for 30 dollars https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-200038?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-summit-racing&gclid=CjwKCAjwnLjVBRAdEiwAKSGPIzuuXwqDvOxhHRX6RnddfyiVhDw3pfMp7RH1-UzOO-tBc0PRLRRWKBoCDkIQAvD_BwE

Other wise lokar has one for 80 opinions?

I used that cable . It’s made by Locar for Summit. You will have to make up a bracket to attach to the trans as it doesn’t come with one. 

It works well but just make sure you lube the cable before installing it. 

IMG_3139.PNG

Bigmal,  Great pictures.  I was just installing my Lokar this weekend.  Yes I will need to add that lower piece of bracket to the throttle cable bracket.  Your looks nice did you just weld on the lower tab?

3 hours ago, ralt962 said:

Bigmal,  Great pictures.  I was just installing my Lokar this weekend.  Yes I will need to add that lower piece of bracket to the throttle cable bracket.  Your looks nice did you just weld on the lower tab?

I found it easier to make a complete new bracket. The old one was a dodgy piece of angle iron.

18 hours ago, bigmal said:

I found it easier to make a complete new bracket. The old one was a dodgy piece of angle iron.

Nice looking part.  I'm starting with the Holley throttle bracket.  Lokar quoted saying you have everything you need.  I guess not.  Seems like this is something they would include.  

I'm going add a piece that is 90 deg and will go down to pick up the cable.  

9 hours ago, ralt962 said:

Nice looking part.  I'm starting with the Holley throttle bracket.  Lokar quoted saying you have everything you need.  I guess not.  Seems like this is something they would include.  

I'm going add a piece that is 90 deg and will go down to pick up the cable.  

I have been pretty disappointed with how Lokar show their kits. It is usually not clear that all the brackets are not included and by the time it turns up it's too late. I rang to question it with the throttle cable and they were not interested. It's a shame they make nice parts or I would go else where.