Bob & Sue

Parents Killed by Son 1 mile from us

Wednesday about 7:00 pm we heard several helicopters didn't think much of it JBLM flys over quite a bit training. I spoke to my neighbor yesterday afternoon his brother in-law sub divided a parcel of land into 5 acre plots he had sold this plot next to his house last year the couple had just finished their house a few months. 

Yesterday when we left 3 sheriff suvs came down the road then 2 more black with blacked out windows suvs went by I was going the same way when we got near a small park there were about 8-10 police vehicles all parked in a group talking. Thought this was strange then we found out about the double homicide of the parents by their son. 

This happened less than a mile from our home. Sue mentioned she heard some gun shot's but didn't think much about it we're in a rural area hear gun fire all the time. 

Several months ago 2 brothers got into an argument & shot each other about 5 miles from us.
So much for rural life if traffic weren't so bad we'd move to town. 

Here's the story
21-year-old man accused of killing his parents near Buckley; victims identified | Q13 FOX News

On March 16, 2018 at 9:54 AM, Bob & Sue said:

Wednesday about 7:00 pm we heard several helicopters didn't think much of it JBLM flys over quite a bit training. I spoke to my neighbor yesterday afternoon his brother in-law sub divided a parcel of land into 5 acre plots he had sold this plot next to his house last year the couple had just finished their house a few months. 

Yesterday when we left 3 sheriff suvs came down the road then 2 more black with blacked out windows suvs went by I was going the same way when we got near a small park there were about 8-10 police vehicles all parked in a group talking. Thought this was strange then we found out about the double homicide of the parents by their son. 

This happened less than a mile from our home. Sue mentioned she heard some gun shot's but didn't think much about it we're in a rural area hear gun fire all the time. 

Several months ago 2 brothers got into an argument & shot each other about 5 miles from us.

Here's the story
21-year-old man accused of killing his parents near Buckley; victims identified | Q13 FOX News

This same type of thing just happens here in ! Mt Pleasant mich . CMU .  Father was a police officer , mom worked the the college . The boy killed both when they were at the college .

as I understand it , the boy was reprimanded / disciplined  by the parents for doing something stupid . So the just up and kills them !

we have a mental illness problem in the country , not guns .

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, Bob & Sue said:

Here's the story

And all this time I thought you were in WA (Western Australia).

Very sad news. We do get a few shootings over here but mostly bikers and organised crime. It's very rare for a domestic shooting and there are almost no accidental shootings.

I am a gun owner and have to comply with some very strict rules. A firearms safety course first and safe storage and transportation rules. There is a zero tolerance policy with even a minor breach facing a gaol (jail) sentence. It takes away spur of the moment decisions. I can't remember the last shooting that involved a licenced gun owner.

I was initially against our laws but now they have been in force for 20- odd years I am all for them. There are some silly parts to the laws but on the whole they work well.

8 hours ago, bigmal said:

Very sad news. We do get a few shootings over here but mostly bikers and organised crime. It's very rare for a domestic shooting and there are almost no accidental shootings.

I am a gun owner and have to comply with some very strict rules. A firearms safety course first and safe storage and transportation rules. There is a zero tolerance policy with even a minor breach facing a gaol (jail) sentence. It takes away spur of the moment decisions. I can't remember the last shooting that involved a licenced gun owner.

I was initially against our laws but now they have been in force for 20- odd years I am all for them. There are some silly parts to the laws but on the whole they work well.

Our guns laws are more than adaquate , it's enforcement that's the problem .  If one checks the statistics lawfull gun owner here are not the problem.

8 hours ago, bigmal said:

We have seriously considered moving to either Australia or New Zealand still might, the only thing holding us back is our son & grandson. I've been around guns all my life when I was 15 I had to go through an NRA gun safety & shooting program to get a hunting license at 16. That grew into several years of state sanctioned indoor target shooting, my 2nd year I was ranked 2nd in the state.

I think people in the US have grown numb to shootings & mass killings every night on the local news which we quit watching there is at least 1 killing. They can't be grouped into any one category it goes across all of society mentally ill, family arguments, gang bangers, drunks, idiots,. Dad shoots son or friend by accident the usual statement is the gun was empty I just cleaned it. If you pick up a firearm you better know the 1st rule point it downwards open the breach. Sadly the only requirement to own a rifle or gun is age must be over 21 for handguns over 18 for rifles even AR15 type & a broken background system to check for mental illness, felonies etc that's it no training buy it shoot it. 

It has come out the son who killed his parents bought it legally at a local gun shop waited the 7 days for a background check which he past with 1 felony assault & multiple mental health evaluations under the care of a psycho doctor taking some strong meds. His brother warned the dad that he was mad and on the way over there & called 911 sheriff they arrived to late.

I have purchased & traded several firearms at the same shop I know the owner fairly well. I was looking at a new skeet rifle when someone came into pick up a pistol on the 8th day of the waiting period. He looked in the database told the guy the City of Buckley hadn't responded to the background check then handed him the gun. He told me it happens over 50% of the time, if the purchasers city of residence doesn't respond you get a gun doesn't matter if your wanted for murder.   

22 hours ago, Bob & Sue said:

We have seriously considered moving to either Australia or New Zealand still might, the only thing holding us back is our son & grandson. I've been around guns all my life when I was 15 I had to go through an NRA gun safety & shooting program to get a hunting license at 16. That grew into several years of state sanctioned indoor target shooting, my 2nd year I was ranked 2nd in the state.

I think people in the US have grown numb to shootings & mass killings every night on the local news which we quit watching there is at least 1 killing. They can't be grouped into any one category it goes across all of society mentally ill, family arguments, gang bangers, drunks, idiots,. Dad shoots son or friend by accident the usual statement is the gun was empty I just cleaned it. If you pick up a firearm you better know the 1st rule point it downwards open the breach. Sadly the only requirement to own a rifle or gun is age must be over 21 for handguns over 18 for rifles even AR15 type & a broken background system to check for mental illness, felonies etc that's it no training buy it shoot it. 

It has come out the son who killed his parents bought it legally at a local gun shop waited the 7 days for a background check which he past with 1 felony assault & multiple mental health evaluations under the care of a psycho doctor taking some strong meds. His brother warned the dad that he was mad and on the way over there & called 911 sheriff they arrived to late.

I have purchased & traded several firearms at the same shop I know the owner fairly well. I was looking at a new skeet rifle when someone came into pick up a pistol on the 8th day of the waiting period. He looked in the database told the guy the City of Buckley hadn't responded to the background check then handed him the gun. He told me it happens over 50% of the time, if the purchasers city of residence doesn't respond you get a gun doesn't matter if your wanted for murder.   

Well , that's my point . You just mention how the very goverment who made the laws and want to remove guns , can't or don't even bother to do there own jobs ! Doesn't matter if it's local , state or federal . They failed not the law.

law says back ground checks are required , the gun shops do it , then the system drops the ball . Then blames the gun .

how can anyone who has a gun with those issue have it legally , If the system fails to do there job .he got the gun because of as we up not because he was legal.

we have seen this time and time again, yet what gets blame ? The Gun  !    

Here's the real issue , there ultimate goal is gun confiscation , because if gun control worked and it mostly would if enforced  , the why is the highest crime rates in the country in places with tough gun laws ? 

We don't put the real criminals behind bars , they get paroled by some judge , they go out and do the same things 

2 hours ago, mymachone said:

Here's the real issue , there ultimate goal is gun confiscation , because if gun control worked and it mostly would if enforced  , the why is the highest crime rates in the country in places with tough gun laws ? 

We don't put the real criminals behind bars , they get paroled by some judge , they go out and do the same things 

I really don't get your point I wasn't arguing for either side of gun control or confiscation of guns all I stated is what's happened in this country's society over a long period of time. Just turned on the news there was another road rage murder on I-5 at 1:00 am this morning & an officer involved shooting of someone who ran a stop light. I've been hunting, target shooting & skeet shooting since I was 15 I shot 22's with my grandpa when I was 8 yrs old he died when I was 10. All I stated is how the system failed I have no answers this subject it has grown into another one of those divide the country issues. The US population is 5% of the world with over 35% of the worlds gun related deaths this includes accidental, suicide & murders. 

I would like to see some real debate on the subject with some real answers on a problem that seems to have grown into an epidemic.

The opiod drug problem is called an epidemic, it is but who's to blame? The junkie that was prescribed a legal drug pushed by his doctor & pharma companies then cut off left addicted to buy illegal drugs. When small towns with a population of 250 to 3000 people purchase 9 million to 30 million pills who's at fault? ( google that one )

In my opinion our country is in a period of time where it controls it's own destiny we need real answers to real problems not arguments. If it fails to solve the problems we'll be another blip in history that failed. I'm too old to care for me it's my sons & grandson I care about. Hopefully the young folks movement that has started will bring some change just like other movements have this country was founded by a revolution.

Our for profit prison system is another topic too long to discuss.          

The volume of guns in this country hasn't changed a lot over the past 30 years.  Guns are no easier to access then they were in the 80's or 70's.  I grew up with guns in the house.  Had easy access to them.  Never once thought about going to a school and shooting things up.  Wasn't uncommon to see a rifle or shotgun in the back window of dads truck or a dozen others.  What has changed is how children are raised.  What we have is a mental health crisis in our youth.  Blame it on violent video games, lack of parenting, single parents who are doing best they can, divorce, raising kids to be gender neutral, promoting and supporting 10 year old children to change genders, the list goes on.  The existence of an AR15 isn't making these young men decide to go shoot up a school.  You remove the AR15 and they will grab a double stack 9mm with ext mag and still get 18 rnds that is easier to conceal or even worse a 5 minute google search and with way less money then an AR cost and you can make homemade bombs.  The arguing over guns from both sides is pointless.  It will resolve nothing.  And it's nothing more then a power struggle between republicans and democrats.  Neither side care. If they did they would work together on the problem(mental health) and not the symptom(school shootings). 

Drunk drivers kill more people then guns taking out suicides.  No one is chanting lets get rid of booze.  Why, too much tax dollars generated from the sale of booze.  Neither side wants to be responsible for losing that much money.  

I am PRO gun all the way. However, if I thought for 1 second, banning AR's would end all school shootings I would be all for it.