Sign in to follow this  
Bob & Sue

Distributor problems solved

As many of you know since I bought the Mustang I've had problems with several 351W dizzys. It had a Motorcraft date correct with Pertronix Ignitor it was set up using 18L curve cams for 36* mechanical advance with light springs all in at 1800 rpm it had a worn breaker plate causing it to stick bushings were shot cost to repair & have it curved was almost $200 so I shelved it. I tried several off the shelf new & rebuilt dizzy's from the usual local parts stores all of them had problems either at start up or after a couple months. Bought a new Ready to Run Billet MSD it failed 2 hours out of the box.

A couple weeks ago I bought a Pertronix Flame Thrower Stock Look dizzy with steel gear so far good. The workmanship is beyond what I expected it actually came deburred no sharp edges. Put it in fired before I could let go of the key.

All I'm going to do now is get rid of the 2 junky looking 12 volt wires from the fuse block. Bought a 30 amp 5 prong relay to mount near the dizzy & choke to supply the 12 volts to both

I have accumulated enough parts to put the date correct Motorcraft dizzy back together in the near future with all new parts the only parts used from it is the housing & shaft.  . 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PNX-D134610