Bill Bailey

Grandpa's 1969 Mustang

Welcome to the forum Bill. The 69 looks to be in good condition. I might be tempted to remove the primer to check the condition of the original paint. I went to college and worked for years with a Bill Bailey. Happy trails. 

"You'll never know if you got the best deal unless you've been to Rockenfield" was the catch phrase for Rockenfield Ford. I remember their TV ads and occasionally driving past the dealership on Vine St. at Paddock Rd. You made quite a deal on a nice piece Bill. Welcome to the forum and good luck. Keep us posted with pictures.   Dave R.

4 minutes ago, Dave R. said:

"You'll never know if you got the best deal unless you've been to Rockenfield" was the catch phrase for Rockenfield Ford. I remember their TV ads and occasionally driving past the dealership on Vine St. at Paddock Rd. You made quite a deal on a nice piece Bill. Welcome to the forum and good luck. Keep us posted with pictures.   Dave R.

That's awesome! Thank you. 

I'mpulling the motor, trans, and front sheet metal this week. The front frame rail on the passenger side is bad under the battery. I'm guessing a boiled over battery at one point. And then the rusted metal made its way down the frame, where it meets the cowl, and settled there. It held moisture and rotted it out. It's localized to that spot. So I ordered a pre bent patch  along with a front frame rail repair pieces. 

Bill, with as much setting without being used as the car seems to have done a battery may have frozen and cracked at some time thus leaking. No matter as the damage is done and your planned repair sounds like a solid fix.   Dave R.