Bill Bailey

Grandpa's 1969 Mustang

Hi All, I'm new to this forum.

That said, I thought I would share the glorious day I experienced yesterday.

At midnight Sunday night, I left my home in Northern Michigan with a friend for Mason, Ohio near Cincinnati.

We got home last night after 22 hours with no sleep.

For some time now I had hoped to buy my Grandpa Fields Candyapple Red Mustang Fastback that he bought new in 1969.

He left the car to his daughter (my Aunt Sue).

I asked my aunt, about a year ago, if she would consider selling the car, but she said no. She was leaving it to her son, my cousin Timmy.

Then two days ago the phone rang, and she said I could come get the car that Timmy didn't want it, that he said to sell it to me.

So needless to say I was excited. I didn't hesitate to tell her I would take it, and would be right down to get it.

The Mustang has been stored in her garage for decades. I was hoping it still retained most of its original paint. 

I couldn't wait to see the Mustang again. My grandpa kept it spotless, and I always admired the red hot car as a kid. (That is him with the hat standing his pride and joy. He was about to target practice shooting with one of his guns.)

Once I got in her garage yesterday to see the Mustang, after dreaming about the car for literally decades, I was disappointed to see the original paint was gone hidden under a coat of primer my uncle Ernie had done. 

But I was excited, too! It was Grandpa Fields V8 Mustang, all there and complete with its original numbers matching V8 drive line intact. It only has 45,000 miles on it, and its a factory air conditioned car with power steering, too!  :-)

I will need to do a complete nut and bolt restoration on the pony car in the future, but for now I'm happy just knowing it's resting in my barn.

Today, I ordered the deluxe Marti report.

Happy !!!!!

IMG_20180312_205643104.jpg