70Mach351

70' Mach 1 351c

Hi! My name is Rob and I'm new here and just found the "in progress" forum. I am in the middle of a restoration and is site supplied important information just for the 69-70 year models which is perfect.

Ok I will post a link from around 2000 when I completed my 1st upgrades.Ppaint was good but the car needed freshing up because I was intending to use it as a driver on good days here in Texas. No air so it stayed at home on hot and humid days. Here is a link to that 1st modification. http://www.ultraphoto.com/RobsMustang/

Here are some of the 1st pics I took after taking doors, hood, trunk, grill and interior apart. I will get this up to date as I can. 

Thank you for the help and any insight you may have to add.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1d2.jpg

YLVygnPQTGKJ5KFGBIDh%w_thumb_1d9.jpg

gqp4cWDxQgCv0FRsiW35Xg_thumb_1e6.jpg

Today I received a deluxe clock wiring harness that corrected what was there and added two bulb clock illumination which I didn't have. I installed it but am have one problem. I have power for the clock and heater but the power for the bulbs comes from the light switch. The blue wire with red stripe (19) is the correct wire to the fuse box. My schematic says the wire coming from the fuse box to the bulbs is (190) but shows no color code. Does anyone know what the proper color is of the wire to power the bulbs. I have all the Jim Osborn manuals but can't find the codes.

I also received the two LED back-up light bulbs and installed those also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wire 19 is the supply wire from the headlight switch to the fuse panel, which then feed the dash lights and other circuits using wires #19A,B,C,D,E. As far as I know they are all blue with a red stripe. Do you have 12+v at the fuse when you headlight switch is on?

The source is not the problem. All other lights work fine. I'm having trouble locating the red bullet connector to plug into as the manual states. I'm not sure there is one in my car so looking for alternative source after the fuse box on the (19) lead to the (190) fused link. I can't tell which wire exits the (19) fuse. It would help if (190) was color coded in the wiring diagram in the manual but I can'y find it. Below is the wiring harness for the clock. I have attached the green dual bullet connector for clock and heater power. The long single bullet connector is the one I need power to. It should come on when the light switch is on park or headlight. I was attempting to find the (190) wire.

s-l1600.jpg

Yeah! I found the red tri bullet connector hidden behind the lower dash while I was installing a new lighter. What a stroke of luck. I kept my eye open for that elusive red connector when I found a hidden blue-red wire and followed it backwards and there it was tucked against the lower dash. No way I could see it. I plugged in the clock illumination lead from my new harness and bingo, I have power when I switch on the lights. Only thing is I found a couple more unplugged various connections hidden there too. Probable the source of some of my electrical gremlins. Well one step forward and more things to solve. 
Thanks for the help Super Stanger.

Good too know you have it sorted and hopefully the wires your looking into are original and you can use the color codes to find their source. I think the blue red wire goes to the radio as well and other lights in the dash area.

P.S. The # on the schematic was 19D not 190. It is hard to read on some of these different reprinted wiring diagrams we can purchase. I have the Jim Osborn orange assembly manuals, red Ford shop manuals, Haynes repair manual and a wiring diagram by Jim Osborn. Be aware there are some misprints and differences to each of the reproductions. All in all the manuals are good but it helps to cross reference more than one to verify that they match.