69Stanger408

69 Mach 1 / 408W

I really like the looks of the shaved rear bumper. Like to do the same to my 70 Mach 1 project. Love to see more pics of the bumper mods. Did you fabricate your own bumper mounts to pull it in? 

My original plan was to keep a very original appearance, but I am slowly moving further and further away from that. I plan on stroking the Cleveland to either a 383 or 408 with an Edelbrock AirGap, Holley EFI and dual sync, and adding upgrades such as Borgesson P/S, Classic Air A/C, Power Windows, Power Disc brakes, a Tremec TKO-600 5 spd with Hydraulic Clutch, upgraded suspension (possibly a Global West kit), TinMan Subframes, and Eaton TrueTrac anti-slip Diff. Also going with TMI interior.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, Machspeed said:

Gorgeous! Curious, did you get the cost of that paint job worked out? As I recall they doubled the amount of hours they quoted you on it. 

After several discussions, the shop realized the error they made in lack of communication and disclosure regarding the huge discrepancy (estimate 220 hours versus actual 660 hour), we came to an acceptable agreement.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:16 PM, 69Stanger408 said:

Lots of goodies the past few weeks. Built out my power distribution system in the trunk (Thanks Vic for inventing the wheel). Decided to go with a Vintage Air System, though plans did not call for same, so the front pulley system came off for a new front runner. Luckily, the team from CVF Racing agreed to the return of the mocked up system for an upgrade to the Wraptor single belt serpentine one. 

20180331_121503.jpg

20180401_135958.jpg

20180401_140004.jpg

20180331_121339.jpg

20180401_125921.jpg

20180401_130208.jpg

20180401_130214.jpg

20180401_131739.jpg

20171202_155221.jpg

20180322_182852.jpg

20180402_174132.jpg

Would you mind reposting those trunk battery wiring and mounting pictures from last year?  I’m in the process of laying my trunk mount out and I’d love to see some examples.

Thanks,

nate

2 hours ago, stangman69 said:

Would you mind reposting those trunk battery wiring and mounting pictures from last year?  I’m in the process of laying my trunk mount out and I’d love to see some examples.

Thanks,

nate

Not the owner of this thread, but i did relocate my battery to the trunk of my car. Went with the Odyssey PC925 and a proper mount (no free acid inside, no need for a box)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pb5MfFMoKDzjQFoi6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BZvBPuuSX9HWeZtM8

ignore the loose wires, this picture was taken in the middle of wiring the taillights

17 hours ago, stangman69 said:

Thanks,

nate

give me a little time, will reload....

Thanks for posting pics of the headliner, as I've wanted to see the texture of it.  I keep going back and forth on going that route. Big thing about the OEM headliner is putting it in before the glass. And, if for some reason there is an issue after the glass is put in, you're hosed. 

The car is gorgeous! 

John

2 hours ago, Machspeed said:

Thanks for posting pics of the headliner, as I've wanted to see the texture of it.  I keep going back and forth on going that route. Big thing about the OEM headliner is putting it in before the glass. And, if for some reason there is an issue after the glass is put in, you're hosed. 

The car is gorgeous! 

John

The MTF one piece is worth the buy, you can't go wrong.

Really nice work!  The battery in the trunk with the quick disconnect looks great! The overhead console looks great and appears to fit nicely with the MTF hard shell headliner. . I decided to go with the stock OEM Moon-skin headliner as I was worried about how to mount the overhead console behind the hardshell headliner and would the two meet up cleanly. How did you mount it with the MTF headliner?

Love the color! Is the blacked out trim painted or powder coated?

5 hours ago, Rich Ackermann said:

Really nice work!  The battery in the trunk with the quick disconnect looks great! The overhead console looks great and appears to fit nicely with the MTF hard shell headliner. . I decided to go with the stock OEM Moon-skin headliner as I was worried about how to mount the overhead console behind the hardshell headliner and would the two meet up cleanly. How did you mount it with the MTF headliner?

Love the color! Is the blacked out trim painted or powder coated?

You can't use the factory overhead console with our headliner. Our headliner follows the curve of the roof,  the factory console is straight. That's how we gain over 2 inches of headroom. Also our console is built into the headliner,  it's not a separate piece. 

23 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

You can't use the factory overhead console with our headliner. Our headliner follows the curve of the roof,  the factory console is straight. That's how we gain over 2 inches of headroom. Also our console is built into the headliner,  it's not a separate piece. 

Oh nice!. Got it. I wish I had known about your product before I bought what I did. I just checked out your website. The overhead console wiring is very nice and I thought I was being creative with mine. Lots of nice stuff. Thanks