Johns Summer of 69

Late model Mustang seat swap

I am getting close to needing to have all the items I need or want to replace for the interior of the car.

So I found on Craigslist a complete set of 05-09 Mustang seats. Has anyone made this sort of swap before? I have searched but haven't come up with someone doing this exact swap. The driver has power options and I saw someone remove those pieces. Also my car is a coupe and so I'm not sure how to modify the rear seats to work.

So should I just pass this great deal and go with some aftermarket option?

On 2/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, CG in TX said:

I installed 08 Mustang seats with TMI retro Mach 1 seat covers in my 69 fastback. I had to cut out the front seat platforms for the correct height. I love the look for a custom and much better than stock seats. 

NotStockPhotography0420113828-M.jpg

What do you mean cut out the seat platform...the seat riser? How did you reenforce the floor to support the seats?

22 hours ago, 69Stanger408 said:

CG in TX - Assume you gained more head room as well? I am 6'7" so any new head room would be great. Do you have pics to share of the process, floor plates?

Yes you will gain some headroom but at 6'7", headroom will always be an issue in a vintage Mustang. Sorry didn't take photos during the process but not hard to do. Cut out seat risers with a cutoff wheel or saws-all. Grind the area smooth. Weld in steel reinforcement where seats will be bolted to the floor. Position seats where best for you - mark, then drill holes for the bolts.