Sign in to follow this  
very fat and very dumb

Head Liner and window install

Headliner before is a must.  There is a good series of Youtube videos on this.  They are working on a 67 but the process is the same.  Search on Mustang Headliner.  Looks like two guys in their garage but its still very good info.  

I used my old windless material and cut small pieces as shown in the video.  I was a bit slow.  Took a couple of days.  

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, barnett468 said:

ok, what is the red car in the corner with the hood up hmmm?

What else would it be? 69 Convertible which I'm planning to sell this year. We never use it. 

I don't plan on doing the headliner myself. Everything has to be perfect, I can do a lot of things but I'm not willing to risk it.

Sail panels? Do I need to use new ones? Is that part of the headliner process?

348.thumb.JPG.fb6af3eef6f1584ad64d42ae3446dcce.JPG

12 hours ago, very fat and very dumb said:

I don't plan on doing the headliner myself. Everything has to be perfect, I can do a lot of things but I'm not willing to risk it.

Sail panels? Do I need to use new ones? Is that part of the headliner process?

I like the green color of the 69.  I've never seen it before.  The painter did nice work.  Are you going to install the Mach 1 decals on the sides and back of the car?

You can buy new sail panels with the same headliner material already glued in place.  Install them yourself.  Sail panels are separate from the headliner installation.

22 hours ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

I like the green color of the 69.  I've never seen it before.  The painter did nice work.  Are you going to install the Mach 1 decals on the sides and back of the car?

You can buy new sail panels with the same headliner material already glued in place.  Install them yourself.  Sail panels are separate from the headliner installation.

oops, i copied the wrong quote.

1 hour ago, very fat and very dumb said:

Thanks for the info on the sail panels.

the repo sail panels don't always ft well and are often a major pita to install. if your originals are good, you should use them or if the material is bad but the cardboard backing is good, it is better to recover them. there is supposed to be a slight curve in them and the new ones are flat, so they need to be curved to make them look correct and this is a little hard, plus when you curve them, the material sometimes wrinkles then needs to be removed and re-glued to the new curved shape.

1 hour ago, barnett468 said:

the repo sail panels don't always ft well and are often a major pita to install.

I guess that could be.  I purchased mine so long ago, they might be different now.  Mine fit just fine and were easy to install.