Print Dad

Upgrading old 8 track player

Hello all,

Once again I seek advice from members here.

With this being the winter season here I am making a list of things I would like to do to the Mach.

I plan to replace the instrument circuit board and the gauges and of course the IVR.  This got me to 

thinking about upgrading the radio. I have a new (still in box)  8 track player from I think a 71 Mustang.

My question is - -does anyone know of a company that could work with the 8 track player and allow

my wife to use her I-pod? I do not want to loose the 8 track player. I think I have about 6 of them  LOL

I am hoping that there could be some sort of way to play the ipod by just plugging it in. At one time I think

there was a device that played by tuning to a certain radio station - but this sounds like a hit or miss option.

I would like to be able to just plug and play

Thanks for all the suggestions, comments. advice both in the past and on this

Keep wrenching and work safe

Sam

On 2/13/2018 at 1:04 PM, Print Dad said:

Hello all,

Once again I seek advice from members here.

With this being the winter season here I am making a list of things I would like to do to the Mach.

I plan to replace the instrument circuit board and the gauges and of course the IVR.  This got me to 

thinking about upgrading the radio. I have a new (still in box)  8 track player from I think a 71 Mustang.

My question is - -does anyone know of a company that could work with the 8 track player and allow

my wife to use her I-pod? I do not want to loose the 8 track player. I think I have about 6 of them  LOL

I am hoping that there could be some sort of way to play the ipod by just plugging it in. At one time I think

there was a device that played by tuning to a certain radio station - but this sounds like a hit or miss option.

I would like to be able to just plug and play

Thanks for all the suggestions, comments. advice both in the past and on this

Keep wrenching and work safe

Sam

Hi Sam ,

I purchased one of those devices that you tune in the radio about a month ago. As long as you have FM it works great. You just set the frequency on the screen to what you want and tune the radio to that frequency. I found that you can fine tune it as certain frequencies work better. Just a cheaper option. 

Hello all,

Thanks for the tips and advice. I sure wish I could make a plan and get started.

Crazy weather here and I just can't seem to get the umph to get going. Just kinda seems

as though I think of a project and it snowballs into a LOT more. 

I will get this done - -Thanks again

Sam