HI guys.  Finally getting around to starting my build thread.  By the time I'm done some of you likely won't be alive anymore (lol).

I bought this car in 2003 right after I graduated college (odd timing).  I had been married for a year then.  The car pretty much went into storage for then next 10 years.  First pic is when I bought it.

0001.JPG

Looked good but was kind of a hack job by the last guy.  Had floor pans over rusted out floor pans.  Quarters pop riveted on.  Then bondo'd over.  Galvanized floor panels over rust was a nice surprise too:)

12-12-11 dash 2.jpg

12-1-12 drivers floor.jpg

10-15-12 Inner fender.jpg

Bunch of work ahead of you there eh? Have you run a Marti report on it yet? Looking at the photos it looks like a non a/c car, no? If so, the dash with center vent is a rare option, unless an a/c dash was used. Those seats, dash bezels and door panels look like you might have a Mach 1. Do you have an original drivers door and door tag? Body code for M1 is 63C. Never heard of 2.83 ratio gears. 2.50, 2.75, 3.00 yes. Have fun with it.

RPM, I haven't run a Marti report on it.  just going off VIN, title, and what the guy i bought it from said.  It had the AC dash, but no A/C.  I made a duct system to push air thru it.  i figured i might as well as it was there.   You think the seats are from a Mach1?   They don't look like any Mach1 seats i've seen.  i'll get a few more pics.   I have alot more info and pics to load.  as far as the original drivers door, no i doubt it.  I'm not sure anything that bolts on is original:)   I'll have to go back to my notes on the gear ratio.  very well may have been 2.75

1 hour ago, aslanefe said:

Cloth material on front seats is the same used on black Grande interior, but the stich pattern is not. Looks like a custom made upholstery.

If so, they are really bad pickers of upholstery:)  looks like a picnic table cloth.

Wow...lots of impressive work there!   I looks like you may have the power ventilation system option, as it looks like you don't have A/C, but have the center vent in the dash.   So..keep all of those pieces.....