Shep69

Not A Build Thread But A Tribute.

2 hours ago, Shep69 said:

Yep . My wife always says my second wife lives in the shed. She says i spend more time with the mustang than i do with her.  At least the mustang won't nag at me lol.  

I've been told I can't refer to my wife as 'my current wife'. I think she reads too much into it.

Thanks for posting this so we can all see what transpired over the years with your restoration project.   I complain about driving to NPD in Charlotte which is 45 minutes away... you are probably 4500 miles away..   that is a real challenge.

Hope the recovery from the back surgery is meeting your expectations and that you will be up and around soon.

Vic

The insides were blasted prior to painting. Should last another 50 years!!!!

Im happy with how the floor sections came out . At the time no one made the 69 floor sections so I had to use an earlier model . You can tell by the ribbed section. Still came out nice and from underneath the car you can't even tell they were cut out. 

I opted to paint the underside with the bitueman based product instead of the red oxide primer as this mustang is no trailer queen . She's made for cruzin.  

95.JPG

86.JPG

I Rebuilt the steering box and gave it a paint prior to fitting . That worm drive with all the ball bearings in it was  interesting. Replaced all the brake lines with SS ones .  Installed the new seal kit in the brake distribution block and proportioning valve prior to fitting. Blasted and painted the steering column and fitted it back in.

104.JPG

106.JPG

109.JPG

So now its 2014. 7 yrs into the build my wife gets Transferred back to the City. So at this stage I had to bolt everything back onto the car so it can be transported 1500kms back home to Perth.  The car is drivable so I did get to enjoy it for a while.

120.jpg

121.jpg

So now im back home in Perth . I start to pull the interior out including the dash so i can rebuild the A.C plenum and paint the Dash components. The clock has also been fixed so now its functional .  

124.jpg

125.jpg

127.jpg

130.jpg

Replaced the rear window panel . It had a few rust holes in the usual spots . I fully welded the new one to the quarter panels so it won't crack like you see on most mustangs. Trial fitted the trunk lid and extension pieces before welding everything into place.

155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg