Shep69

Not A Build Thread But A Tribute.

Mark , well done ,you have a fantastic car there with outstanding workmanship.

63.5 GALAXIE 500XL fastback 406 4 speed is my next project and just been offered my mates friend 56 effie.

Love your truck.

38 minutes ago, MAC390 said:

Mark , well done ,you have a fantastic car there with outstanding workmanship.

63.5 GALAXIE 500XL fastback 406 4 speed is my next project and just been offered my mates friend 56 effie.

Love your truck.

Thanks Mac . 

I can't wait to crack on with the 56.  They sure are a sweet looking truck. Ive just ordered the mustang 2 IFS and all new suspension kit with 4 wheel discs for it. It looks to be in a bit better condition than my mustang started out as but you never know whats under the paint. The motor is  a  302 with a c4 auto. Its got a weird diff but hopefully Rsanter aka Bob from this forum can help me out with some new axils and bearings .

Just another cruiser. The galaxies are pretty cool rides. Long back ends . 

Thanks Mark.

13 minutes ago, Ash said:

Sorry, I missed your last post. Sounds great! Are you planning to run the existing engine and trans?

Hi Ash,

I was just looking at your truck build also . Pretty impressive work your doing on that one.

Its got a late model 302 and c4 so I’m just going to run with those. I’m planning a full frame off paint job as it’s easy on these things . Looking at painting it candy red . 

Thanks, Mark!

They are pretty simply done compared to the stangs. Everything is so much bigger and easier to work on the engine. I'd love to follow your progress on it if you post it anywhere. Please give us the heads up if you do.

Are you going to do any chassis mods while you are at it, like boxing it or anything? I'm amazed at how flimsy mine is, even with the additions that I've made.  And it is a newer '81 model chassis.

56 minutes ago, Ash said:

Thanks, Mark!

They are pretty simply done compared to the stangs. Everything is so much bigger and easier to work on the engine. I'd love to follow your progress on it if you post it anywhere. Please give us the heads up if you do.

Are you going to do any chassis mods while you are at it, like boxing it or anything? I'm amazed at how flimsy mine is, even with the additions that I've made.  And it is a newer '81 model chassis.

Yep I’ve ordered a mustang 2 IFS and power rack for it . New rear leaf springs kit and 4 wheel disc setup. 

Going to keep it left hand drive. I’m not sure re the chassi . I’ve thought about strengthening it up . The chassis has a crack in it so that will need fixing. They are designed to flex a little though. 

Will keep you posted  Ash.

See, something good came out of you being laid up from a bad back. We all were able to see your level of work. Kudos Mark on an outstanding resto job! That is really top shelf work there mate. The work all y'all do has got me feeling like a rookie.

Another 56 F-100??? I am so darn jealous. My first vehicle was a 56 Effie big window, and I gave my last one to a buddy. I gotta get another one.

Again Mark, stellar work there, be proud.

6 hours ago, RPM said:

See, something good came out of you being laid up from a bad back. We all were able to see your level of work. Kudos Mark on an outstanding resto job! That is really top shelf work there mate. The work all y'all do has got me feeling like a rookie.

Another 56 F-100??? I am so darn jealous. My first vehicle was a 56 Effie big window, and I gave my last one to a buddy. I gotta get another one.

Again Mark, stellar work there, be proud.

Cheers Bob.  All the hard works finally paid off. 

Cant wait to get stuck into the 56. I like the big back windows. 

2 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

You did a fantastic job on the car  it looks great.  When you modified the tank for the efi did you install any baffling to prevent fuel starvation issues?

When you use a pod style pump you don’t need a baffle . The pod is the baffle in a way . The return line also pumps back into the pod. That’s why I went this way. It works a treat. No fuel starvation. These pod style pumps were used in all the Aussie Fords and GM locally made vehicles. 

I’m just using the standard pump that was used on our v8 motors but you can get high flow pumps that fit into the pods if required. 

EFI Hardware sell the adaptor ring by themselves or as a kit with the pump. I used the ba falcon V8 pump. 

The only thing I would do different is to take the sender out before filling the tank with water . I killed the sender . Not sure if it was the water or when I welded it .

27 minutes ago, Grabber70Mach said:

Thanks for the info, I'm in the US and will have to research if any companies over here are offering something similar.  I have a brand new stainless tank and would like to figure a solution to supply the Holley Sniper I'm thinking about getting.

Here's the kit that Mark used. It says they offer international post. They use a Walbro pump so can easily be upgraded or replaced.

https://www.efihardware.com/products/c471/Fuel-Tank-Conversion-Kits