Shep69

Not A Build Thread But A Tribute.

I purchased a FiTech injection unit so I thought I would give the body work a break and start on my fuel system. I used a pod style pump from one of our local Ford Falcons and welded an adaptor ring to my tank from efi hardware . I filled the tank full of water to avoid blowing myself up lol. I positioned the pump under the spare wheel area to help protect it and so its not visible when opening the trunk.

Take note Vicfreg , Im sure you will need to put a trap door in your boarded up trunk area so you can fit a similar pump once your CC shits itself LOL.

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

189.jpg

Converting my standard hood to a shaker hood. Who doesn't like a shaker sticking out the hood!!!

I purchased the Scott Drake surround  . It cost me a lot of money and its the biggest piece of shit . Im embarrassed to even put it on but thats all that was available. 

I welded in patches to fill the  holes were the original scoop indicator lamps went.

178.jpg

180.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

5 hours ago, RPM said:

That rear valance sure fits nice!

Yes it took a bit of work to get it to look like that. I had to weld some extra metal in and trim it up. 

Im happy with how it turned out.

Trial fit the doors. I lost count of how many times the doors and front fenders when on and off. I spent a long time on the doors. Days and days. They were pretty average . I think the RHS one was an aftermarket job and I had to do some major work to get it to look half decent. 

185.jpg

Place the hood into position once it was primed.  I had to see how that Shaker looked. I did have to modify the shaker base just to get that factory look. The Edelbrock rpm manifold made it stick to far out . I used the big block base which are lower and it still required tweaking.

186.jpg

187.jpg

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

Front Valance rubbed back . Pre drilled the holes for the spoiler before priming.

Doors . Did I mention doors !!! . Im still not happy with the RHS were it meets up with the quarter panel.  I had to use some Fibre fill and turn my hand to being a sculptor .

The sheds starting to look like a panel shop. 

204.jpg

203.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

Sanding , Priming , Sanding ,Priming , Sanding .  Some days you just have to walk away and have a break. For us weekend warriors you have to stay committed . Ive seen too many projects half finished for sale.

210.jpg

209.jpg

Let the wet sanding begin. I opted to wet sand. A lot of guys don't like wet sanding as it does makes a bit of a mess and  your boots get wet lol. At least you don't need a dust mask. Maybe im just old school.

Im getting a bit more motivated at this stage as all the hard work has been done and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

214.jpg

215.jpg

Fitted the Magnum 500s. Makes it look a bit more period correct than the other rims I had. Getting it ready for the spray booth.

I did paint the trunk area in my shed. Just to save some time when I  get it in the booth. It looks nice with the texture coat . Finally a bit of colour.

218.jpg

219.jpg

I used the stencil kit from NPD to do the blackout on the hood.  New seals glued to the doors . New insulation to the roof prior to the headliner going in. Starting to bolt on the shiny stuff. Who doesn't like bolting on new shiny stuff!!!

236.jpg

237.jpg

240.jpg

I put reso mat on the floor pan prior to fitting the underlay and carpet. Its similar to dynamat but made in Australia. Dash going back in . Rear glass fitted. Rear seat back in with the trim pieces. 

243.jpg

247.jpg

So thats pretty much it. Its taken me 10 years to get it to this stage.  I would like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me out over the years. Getting all the tips and tricks has been awesome.  I couldn't have done it without my wife. She kept me motivated and helped pay for the parts lol. 

I guess you never really finish. Now im thinking about changing the exhaust tips to the factory style. 

Time to enjoy this for a while . 

The next project is sitting in the corner of the shed waiting to be started . What am I thinking!!! 

One things for sure . It better not take me 10 yrs to get that one finished lol. 

Cheers Mark.

270.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg