Vicfreg

power brake booster recommendation

I looked at some pictures today if in fact you’re right. Some of the Ford Rangers have a external check valve that screws into the rear porch of the master cylinder

I swapped the reservoirs so here’s how it looks like now

765F0890-6E53-4166-9819-D8D27E7DCC9F.jpeg

FC919D62-1272-406C-AEFB-88265D9911A4.jpeg

Continued mocking up my brake tubes with the steel brake lines.   Got them bent and installed the master cylinder.   I used the Ford Ranger master cylinder body, and the Mustang reservoir with my Master Power Brakes proportioning valve mounted underneath.   I am also going to use an in-line, pressure actuated brake light switch, so I routed those lines from the front brake line outlet.  

Looks like that arrangement will work nicely.  I will now re bend all of these lines in their final configuration, making sure they are not over bent, scratched, dented, etc, and mount my brass tee and brake light switch securely.  Then bench bleed the master cylinder, and call that part done.  I also need to hook up my rear brake line, but that is the easy one.

You can follow the "rest of the story" on my project thread...  "1970 Convertible Restoration"

IMG_3558.jpg

Oh, one more thing.....  my last post on this thread...

Installed my brake pedal that I got from Master Power Brakes.  It uses the “dropped” eye brake pushrod that is typically on the ‘69s.  But they supply both.   Everything fit perfectly

C7B585F5-2072-477D-93F3-BD2B59B4BA6A_thumb_jpeg_60ad6c2f1d26b81a62c4f862e6203ca1.jpg