v8ford70

Lower Windscreen Molding Anti Rattle Spacers info

I'm Interested to find out if you need these Lower Windscreen Molding plastic Anti Rattle Spacers (on '69 & '70 Mustangs) ,or if there is anything else to use in their place.Or if they are required where to buy them from.Cheers Phil

Lower Windscreen molding anti rattler spacer 1.jpg

Lower Windscreen molding anti rattler spacer 2.jpg

Lower Windscreen molding anti rattler spacer 3.jpg

Has anyone pulled off their front windscreen stainless steel molding & found that these anti rattle spacers were there or were not on the lower section  (Spacer for the lower windshield moulding, also called an 'anti rattler'.  These spacers were originally installed between the retainers. A total of 7 plastic spacers were used along with 7 metal retainers for that lower windshield moulding. See also C9ZZ-6503150-A (1), and C9ZZ-6503150-C (2). C9ZZ-6503150-B (4)

1366224143_t.jpg

1366224144_r.jpg

Edited by v8ford70
extra info

Thanks Jim can you remember which 4 they were from the above windscreen diagram.

Bob were you referring to the 7 Clips with screws or the plastic anti rattle spacers or both as per the above windscreen diagram.I couldn't find anything on NPD other than the 7 lower molding clips with screws.Cheers Phil 

5 hours ago, v8ford70 said:

Bob were you referring to the 7 Clips with screws or the plastic anti rattle spacers or both as per the above windscreen diagram.I couldn't find anything on NPD other than the 7 lower molding clips with screws.Cheers Phil 

Ya Phil, I was thinking of the 7 clips with screws. Sorry about that.

I have a couple of pics though they may be hard to see because the molding is attached to the car . One plastic clip at each outer end of the molding and one at each end of the molding in the middle . I kind of think these are actually to keep the metal clips from falling out of the stainless at the assembly line

20180129_091425.jpg

20180129_091444.jpg

Just pulled my molding off last night and I have five of these plastic clips.  Three are on the longer piece that overlaps and two on the other.  I also have the foam strip across the windshield like RidgeRunner mentioned... not sure where I'll find a replacement.

david

Thanks Jim, Bob & David for your replies.Any pics David? I bought 4 used clips from West Coast Cougar but the other 3 were out of stock.They are shipping the 4 clips with other parts I bought so will still have to find out where to get the other 3 clips,I think they will have to be used & come from a junk (wrecking) yard or if any member has some not being used.Any ideas where.Cheers Phil

Phil, I don't think you need 7 anti-rattle spacers like you need 7 metal retaining clips. Plastic spacers are to keep the moulding from rubbing on the cowl panel and scraping the paint off and also prevent the rattle. Distribute 4 plastic clips you are getting evenly and they would do the job. My 70 Grande does not have the plastic spacers, so I stuck self adhesives rubber sponge material under the moulding that compressed when moulding is installed which does the job.